• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Toney is in a similar sort of situation to Jevani, England wouldn't pick him for the World Cup Finals, yet the wheels of justice at the FA are grinding even slower than the English Court system ! If they do actually play him now , that decision should surely help ECFC end their ridiculous decision to exclude Jevani from selection any longer !
re Toney. 262 charges of breaching football's betting regulations, and he has admitted most of them. So the 'innocent till proven guilty couldn't apply to Toney.

Pobbop

Toney is currently more worthy of a call up than Watkins. If Toney had come through our academy everyone on here would agree with me and no-one would be arguing for Watkins.
Why not both?

We seem to have only two out-and-out strikers in the Squad with Kane and Toney, what happens if Kane gets injured coming into a major tournament.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why not both?

We seem to have only two out-and-out strikers in the Squad with Kane and Toney, what happens if Kane gets injured coming into a major tournament.
Then another striker will be picked, but we aren't going into a major tournament. No need for Kane, Watkins and Toney in this squad.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why not both?

It's my biggest bug bear with Southgate's squads. It always lists, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Grealish as 'forwards'. They're not forwards. Put some bleddy forwards in your squad Southgate.

Pobbop

Then another striker will be picked, but we aren't going into a major tournament. No need for Kane, Watkins and Toney in this squad.
Yes, but they won't have match practice, won't have played with the Team, it seems fairly short-sighted to me, but ho-hum.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's my biggest bug bear with Southgate's squads. It always lists, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Grealish as 'forwards'. They're not forwards. Put some bleddy forwards in your squad Southgate.
We play 3 up top, a central striker and 2 wide players.

Kane is our talisman and won't be shifted for a long time yet.

Grealish, Saka, Rashford, Sterling and sometimes Mount play in the wide forward positions.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why not both?

Rashford isn't a bad striker at the moment, should probably start like he should have done against France.

Pobbop

Rashford isn't a bad striker at the moment, should probably start like he should have done against France.
Don't think he's an out and out striker really, semantics though I guess.

All this stuff is pointless though, Southgate has had Ollie in the Squad and doesn't fancy him, so I guess we'll not see him in an england shirt for a bit.

Oh asnd anyway it is just to be understudy to Kane, be interesting to see if Toney gets many minutes.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We play 3 up top, a central striker and 2 wide players.

Kane is our talisman and won't be shifted for a long time yet.

Grealish, Saka, Rashford, Sterling and sometimes Mount play in the wide forward positions.
Exactly. They are wingers 😁

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has. Rashford, Toney and Kane are all forwards.