• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

tom_ecfc

I would say Watkins is an upgrade on the over rated Nketiah.

It was Stan Collymore that mentioned it on TS, as I say probably ********, but people that score and have work-rate and attitude are always being looked at. I don't think he's in the top-tier of finishers, but could easily be fitted into a successful squad I'd have thought. Depends what he wants, chance of trophies or being a regular starter.
..... or is he more interested in maximising the cash for ECFC :p

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
..... or is he more interested in maximising the cash for ECFC :p
Interesting point but apart from Villa staying up this season which gives us the last of those payments would we get anything extra if he moves for a transfer fee in excess of the £28M? Or is it anything above £33M as that is what his fee was said to rise to with add ons?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting point but apart from Villa staying up this season which gives us the last of those payments would we get anything extra if he moves for a transfer fee in excess of the £28M? Or is it anything above £33M as that is what his fee was said to rise to with add ons?
£33 million is not a lot of money for a proven PL goalscorer.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be 15% of any percentage Brentford receive assuming they have a sell on clause. So If Watkins went for £50m as an example and Brentford had a 20% (Easier for maths) profit, they would receive £3.4m from the £17m profit and we would get £510,000 from that at 15%.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
£33 million is not a lot of money for a proven PL goalscorer.
In a roundabout way then are you saying that we do get a % of anything if Ollie is sold for above £33M. What u said is correct £33M isn't much for a striker but that's a seperate question lol

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be 15% of any percentage Brentford receive assuming they have a sell on clause. So If Watkins went for £50m as an example and Brentford had a 20% (Easier for maths) profit, they would receive £3.4m from the £17m profit and we would get £510,000 from that at 15%.
I don't know how these sell on's work as I assumed it was a one off when he was sold to Villa but if he was sold subsequently for more each time we would get paid more than once?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
In a roundabout way then are you saying that we do get a % of anything if Ollie is sold for above £33M. What u said is correct £33M isn't much for a striker but that's a seperate question lol
Ah, ok. No idea how the sell on works

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know how these sell on's work as I assumed it was a one off when he was sold to Villa but if he was sold subsequently for more each time we would get paid more than once?
It depends on the terms of our sell on. IF our sell on cover's any profit made by Brentford, then we would, if our sell on was a one off then we wouldn't. I would presume our sell on cover's profit.

This could be a very productive summer for us money in wise.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And that would finally be the end of the gift that gives on giving. Then it would be time for Ethan to be sold and start the process all over again.