• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't get the link to work, but the reports I have seen make the Toney deal look very Watkins-esque. 15% of profit from any sell on, £1m for Brentford getting to the Premier League. I think we were lucky with Brentford *not* getting promoted. The £1m is there to compensate for the fact that Brentford are very unlikely to sell Toney whilst they are in the Premiership, so there is a risk of the sell on never paying out!
Booger getting all mixed up anyway Andrew see my response above

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
really interesting. Amongst other things it confirms that there are chains of sell ons (if Brentford sell Toney, Posh get a % of Brentford's profit . And then Newcastle get a % of what Posh get!)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The chain of sell on's is applicable to Ollie Watkins also as explained previously assuming Brentford have a sell on.

Say Ollie is sold for £10m profit for example and Brentford have 15%. It would work as Brentford get £1.5m and we get £225,000 from that deal.

Ollie this season and potentially the next couple of seasons could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Now in competition with Danny Ings for a starting place...

Interesting.

Pobbop

Interesting.
Not really competition, both very different players, reckon they can play together. Villa looking pretty good.

grecIAN Harris

Interesting.
Maybe it's the start of a chain of transfers revolving around a certain Mr Kane.

Ash

Maybe it's the start of a chain of transfers revolving around a certain Mr Kane.
As a Spurs fan, I wanted us to sign Ollie when he was at Brentford. Oh well, now will do well enough I suppose. He'll cost 50 now probably.

grecIAN Harris

As a Spurs fan, I wanted us to sign Ollie when he was at Brentford. Oh well, now will do well enough I suppose. He'll cost 50 now probably.
Don't quote me on it, I'm just spitballing.

Ash

Don't quote me on it, I'm just spitballing.
Yeah but it's at least conceivable and from my perspective, welcome as I'm resigned to losing Harry.