• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
This 15% rumour is unsettling, I'd always assumed it was 20%.

IndoMike

If two clubs wanted him then surely to capture him they would offer more?
Why? For example three clubs offer 18m, Ollie chooses the financial packet and club he prefers. Nothing Brentford can do about the transfer fee

. ...IF IT'S TRUE THE BUY- OUT CLAUSE IS 18m

Colesman Ballz

Summary of Ollie W add-ons
according to rumour :-

Worst scenario:
18m - 1.8m = 16.2m x 15%
= 2.43m
Best scenario:
25m - 1.8m = 23.2m x 20%
= 4.64m

IF transferred..
Wrong ! The 18m is fixed, the only unknown variable now is the percentage Mike.

Boyo

It's only wrong if the BBC article is accurate. A quick look on the Brentford forum suggests a few of their posters are adamant that there is no such clause. Fingers crossed.

IndoMike

The thing is one news media says 18m buy - out and all the others follow. I'm not going to believe it yet just because the Beeb says so. If it's private and confidential how do they all know!

DB9

If the buy out clause is in there for £18m then Brentford would have no choice but to accept the first offer, Then its down to Ollies agent to choose a club that gives him the best personal terms, Exactly the same as when Stockley went to PNE, It was £750k for him, We had no choice then. I'd imagine Brentford will put in their own buy out clause and extras in the negociations too, For example if Palace bought him and he really did well and got an England call up and bigger clubs coming sniffing, Brentford would want a chunk any future deal just like us.

STURTZ

It's only wrong if the BBC article is accurate. A quick look on the Brentford forum suggests a few of their posters are adamant that there is no such clause. Fingers crossed.
Could be that they are just as clueless as we are!

Colesman Ballz

The thing is one news media says 18m buy - out and all the others follow. I'm not going to believe it yet just because the Beeb says so. If it's private and confidential how do they all know!
Indeed !

Banksy

If we talk about this much longer our cut will be down to a million.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It appears that Leeds, Villa, Southampton, and Palace are all interested in Watkins so it will be a blow to us if the buy out clause of 18m is true. I still don't believe it is.