• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny innit that this interview, much like other media interviews he's given over the years, comes across as slightly rambling and repetitive but i've been in a couple of small group situations with him and on both occasions he was incredibly engaging and spoke well.
I remember the interviews he gave to some school kids at the Cat and Fiddle when he came across totally differently than in any press interview.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember the interviews he gave to some school kids at the Cat and Fiddle when he came across totally differently than in any press interview.
In my limited experience when relaxed and not under pressure he came across much better than in formal settings where he often appeared nervous and tried too hard to be erudite.

Witness during the Carlisle smoke bomb fiasco he stood on the pitch and chatted to many fans about various matters, helped keep people calm.

But also witness the notorious fan forum when he patronised a supporter who asked a perfectly fair question he didn't want to answer.

Basically a complex guy who can be charming but also prickly.

Sigh...

"He who is without sin..."

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Cheese was entitled to use the phrase "psychological repositioning"

It was a high quality problem.

IndoMike

And that he's going to get the players to sort. I'm still waiting for that bit.
To sort what?

Banksy

Bringing this back on track from the discussion on dear old Tis who’d almost slipped from my memory of late.
Love the poll at the end where if you do it the result is Leeds fans would take Ollie in a heartbeat over Bamford.
So to get our money soon , Ollie to play a Wembley blinder but Brentford to lose.

IndoMike

Amazing. One stroke of luck for Fulham, one instant, one fark-up, one mishit could net City 4m, and one for Brentford could mean adios 4m.

Red Devon

Although I’d love for St James Park to be showered in £50 notes, from a footballing point of view I’d really like to see Brentford in the Prem.

IndoMike

Although I’d love for St James Park to be showered in £50 notes, from a footballing point of view I’d really like to see Brentford in the Prem.
I'd much rather City got the 4m.

Red Devon

I'd much rather City got the 4m.
We don’t know but that 4m could become 8m in January.

IndoMike

We don’t know but that 4m could become 8m in January.
It could also be 0m.
If we get 4m + the 1.8m already cashed in I reckon that must be a record transfer fee for a 4th tier player. Take the money and run, I say.

Last edited: