• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes back to Ollie no easy ride on Wednesday after Barnsley beating Nottingham Forest today depending on a couple of other results a win against Brentford and they could still save themselves.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , having watched yesterday’s game they looked very flat. Maybe that run of wins has taken it out of them and they’ve shot their bolt which wouldn’t bode well for them in the playoffs. They need someone to take their next game by the scruff of its neck and lead , something no one seemed to want to do against Stoke.
Whether this will pan out well for us in the circumstances is hard to tell , Ollie to score several in the playoffs would be nice .Don’t think somehow they’ll make the autos now , think they had their chance and blew it.

Dannyred

I thought this was an Ollie Watkins thread.
👏🏻You picked just my post and not the person asking the non Ollie Watkins question or the two ex trust members replying to it, Inner circle brownie points for you.

As for Ollie, Don’t see him leaving Brentford anytime soon.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
👏🏻You picked just my post and not the person asking the non Ollie Watkins question or the two ex trust members replying to it, Inner circle brownie points for you.

Salt and vinegar?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Me neither although if the Bees miss out completely they might consider any serious bid made by mid table PL sides the likes of Crystal Palace.

IndoMike

Benrama is still on the radar of various clubs, according to rumours. I fear if the Bees don't get promoted and sell him they are unlikely to sell Watkins, too. They don't want to struggle next season after moving into their new stadium.

fred binneys head

If the rumour of a release clause is true then it won’t matter whether they want to keep him or not.

Banksy

If the rumour of a release clause is true then it won’t matter whether they want to keep him or not.
Yet no hint of a release clause was shown in that news article I posted a while back stating West Ham’s interest.

IndoMike

Fred.
I would guess that Brentford were in the driving seat when they signed Watkins and they wouldn't need to include a release clause.
A Lleague 2 player demanding.a release clause seems a bit unlikely to me : I reckon he'd be more than happy with his new, Brentford salary at the time.
But of course I don't know for a fact : just speculating.
(Although some newspapers are indeed speculating on an 18m release clause) contact).

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fred.
I would guess that Brentford were in the driving seat when they signed Watkins and they wouldn't need to include a release clause.
A Lleague 2 player demanding.a release clause seems a bit unlikely to me : I reckon he'd be more than happy with his new, Brentford salary at the time.
He renegotiated his contract (plus extension,) last summer.

Last edited: