• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham v Exeter discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Another trip to the wrong side of the pennines on Tuesday night for the game at Boundary Park. Forgive me if the ground now has some daft, convoluted sponsorship themed name these days like the Oldham & District Speciality Barm Baking Company Stadium or the like which i don't know about.

The Latics have lost more games at home than anyone in the league (12) and have conceded more goals at home than anyone in the league (33). Even if we started up top with Fisher & Seymour, there can be no excuses for not winning this game. Failure to do so and our automatic hopes surely will be gone once and for all.

There is some improvement from Oldham of late including 3 goalless draws in their last 5, so signs of defensive improvement are there, but if we do a Scunny on them then they've got no chance have they?

Last time out they got a creditable 0-0 draw at Bradford.

Must win this game and not only that but i want goals, a good performance, and for Bowman to start chipping in with the goals as he's paid to do.

3-0 to us. COYR!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
All we need. Another schlep to the grim urban North West. Tuesday is about character, nothing more. We've had some rough luck the last 2 games and one of our brightest starlets is hors de combat once more.

Time for the senior players in the team to really step it up and nurture the kids through. It's a must-not-lose for me, on the back of the last two.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
1-1 draw. Bowman for us.

Big Nige takes one for the team and gets his marching orders.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A win and renewed hope, only to lose again at the weekend.

Smithyno6

They still have some dangerous players like Bambouhla (however it’s spelt) and Nicky Adams. Keith Curle now manager so can’t imagine a walk in the park.
With how flat we’ve been going forward it’s just hard to predict anymore.

lockdown started off like we were going to go up automatically, then a mess and then back to it but now I just feel it’a getting further and further away. I think I’m just going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is now and hope we make play offs. Like people have said, it’s a weak league this year and if we really went for it and learnt from all the play off losses, this would’ve been it.

What I’m predicting is the unknown.

Legohead

Banned
1-1 draw. Bowman for us.

Big Nige takes one for the team and gets his marching orders.
In the 90th minute, seconds after he's just come on............

Alistair20000

In the 90th minute, seconds after he's just come on............
Yep that was my thinking

Oldsmobile-88

A tough game coming up..Keith Curle is the manager now at Boundary Park.

Avening Posse

Confidence and belief is a fickle thing in football, they really need to win this one to stop all the hard work from the season slipping away

IndoMike

Bloody ridiculous having to go Oop North on Saturday and then again on Tuesday.