• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham: Saturday 19 March

Thames Valley Red

Should be fine

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm on the 18:27 out of Manchester Piccadilly. Anyone know if I have given myself enough time to get from the station to the ground?
I might have a car full Hants, but if I’m on my own I’ll give you a lift back to Piccadilly. I drive like a £ucking lunatic so you’ll be fine.

And in answer to TVR, I’ll have a car full (probably) none of whom have got tickets yet.

fred binneys head

Saying that, I’ve just checked and it says it’ll take 40 minutes! That’s amazing for an 8 mile journey.

Red Devon

Saying that, I’ve just checked and it says it’ll take 40 minutes! That’s amazing for an 8 mile journey.
Can do it on a bike quicker than that

fred binneys head

I’ve just read something else that says it takes 15-20 minutes Hants but it looks like a range depending on traffic (understandably). I’d happily give you a lift but I’m wondering if you’d be better of getting a taxi / Uber outside the ground as I’m not sure where I’ll be parking - it could take me 20 minutes to get out of the car park!

Let me know what you want to do, no problem for me to give you a lift, I just don’t want to offer that and then you’re late anyway and miss your train.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll look for a taxi office on the way and keep my options open. Thanks for the offer of a lift though. 🙂

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Razor has just got on my tram 😀 Consuming strong alcohol of course!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tram back to Piccadilly and 20+ minutes spare!