• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offrande Zanzala

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find this strange...It's normal practice for a player who is injured on loan to be sent straight back to his parent club...his contract is with Barrow and I'm not sure what our liability is...
Maybe we're signing him at end of season - anyone know a good surgeon who can operate in less than 2 weeks ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe we're signing him at end of season - anyone know a good surgeon who can operate in less than 2 weeks ?
Pretty likely we will...we've got form on signing players with knee injuries.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find this strange...It's normal practice for a player who is injured on loan to be sent straight back to his parent club...his contract is with Barrow and I'm not sure what our liability is...
I suspect we have paid a negotiated loan fee that is (usually) non refundable. We have also likely agreed to some personal terms with the player which (usually) involves accommodation costs. If this is the case, then it makes sense for him to stick around. If he is happy to stay around then great. I heavily suspect the medical care down here is better than eould otherwise be available through Barrow. In this respect I expect they would pay for this from their medical insurance.

muppetdodger

Staggered that they cant get the op done sooner. Money talks and we a) have money and b) need him back asap. Ridiculous

SaintJames

Staggered that they cant get the op done sooner. Money talks and we a) have money and b) need him back asap. Ridiculous
Have you considered that the date may just have been the first date we could get? Private op or not I dont think it's quite as simple as waving a wad of cash and snapping your fingers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Possibly they need for swelling to reduce?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Driver or 5 Iron distance? :p
6 duffs and a few divots with any golf club would leave this particular retired golfer short of the first mobile home on Pathfinder as the crow flies.

Probably a 7 Iron to a competent club player.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope Ozzie's op today went well and that he can join us for the run in.
Get well soon Ozzie.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe we've signed with a view to a transfer in the summer?