• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offers turned down for Ryan Bowman

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I found it very interesting to watch Ryan Bowman's training routine on the River Exe :)

Gareth

I think there's a player in Atangana. We certainly haven't seen it this season but I still hold out hope for his time with us.
The guy is lazy.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The guy is lazy.
I don't think he's lazy, but some players have a languid style of movement that makes people think they are lazy.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nigel has been a disappointment, he has talent however we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it.

sign of the chimes

Nigel has been a disappointment, he has talent however we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it.
Pompey signed Nigel Atangana from Havant and Waterloville. A season-ticket holding family member bumped in to the squad at an airport on the way back from Portugal in Paul Cook's first season with us (Nigel had signed the season before). and had a chat with the manager. At that point Cook (who is no mug) was very enthusiastic, and spoke as though he wanted to build his midflield around Nigel; most of us had been similarly enthused at various points during Atangana's first season with us but felt he'd not reached his true potential. By the midpoint of the season Atangana was a peripheral figure. I've kept half an eye on his subsequent moves and it's felt like a common theme; as though he ticks a lot of boxes but doesn't quite bring it all together. I guess there are lots like that at our level.

IndoMike

Pompey signed Nigel Atangana from Havant and Waterloville. A season-ticket holding family member bumped in to the squad at an airport on the way back from Portugal in Paul Cook's first season with us (Nigel had signed the season before). and had a chat with the manager. At that point Cook (who is no mug) was very enthusiastic, and spoke as though he wanted to build his midflield around Nigel; most of us had been similarly enthused at various points during Atangana's first season with us but felt he'd not reached his true potential. By the midpoint of the season Atangana was a peripheral figure. I've kept half an eye on his subsequent moves and it's felt like a common theme; as though he ticks a lot of boxes but doesn't quite bring it all together. I guess there are lots like that at our level.
I wonder if it's about lack of confidence and self-belief...?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The guy is lazy.
There have been problems with Atangana's game this season, not tight enough with touch or passing, but lazy he is not. Were you one of the people also saying Williams was lazy earlier in the season when he was covering more ground than most players in our league?

Rosencrantz

There have been problems with Atangana's game this season, not tight enough with touch or passing, but lazy he is not. Were you one of the people also saying Williams was lazy earlier in the season when he was covering more ground than most players in our league?
Yes, I think he works hard enough but being in and out of the team through injuries and niggles as well as Archie and Jake's good form doesn't seem to have allowed him to get into a rhythm of playing. That may account for his play on the ball not being as up to scratch as his play off the ball which is decent. I think he might well come under pressure for his role in the squad from Harry Kite and Will Dean before long.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was also one of the big disappointments in the play off final last season. I know the whole team were poor but I felt that MT was looking to players like Big Nige and A Martin to get a real grip on the game against a physical side but it didn't happen and we know how MT holds a grudge with some players so I think that may have also played a part in his lack of game time this season.

Colesman Ballz

The guy is lazy.
Bleddy ironic that you should accuse him of this when you yourself are too lazy to bother posting this on his own thread rather than on a Bowman one ! :ROFLMAO: