• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know the score?
The FA have scored a massive own goal.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster

STURTZ

Quite right to postpone matches for the the death of our Queen, but they should have been postponed next weekend in the days just before the funeral. Now it's going to be hard to play next week as well and cancelling two weeks of football will cause a hell of a lot more problems.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK read this then

Surrey doing everything very well and a great rendering of the National Anthem.

Sadly though with the tribal attitudes of many football supporters and the Neanderthal type behaviour of some others the level of respect could not have been guaranteed at all football venues across the Country and I think the football authorities had no choice other than to act as they have done.

denzel

Anyone know the score?
Finished 1-0. Nicky Ajose.

Though sadly the pool panel gives a home win

Last edited:

geoffwp

Surrey doing everything very well and a great rendering of the National Anthem.

Sadly though with the tribal attitudes of many football supporters and the Neanderthal type behaviour of some others the level of respect could not have been guaranteed at all football venues across the Country and I think the football authorities had no choice other than to act as they have done.
The one minute silence rarely works well regardless and those who choose to try and spoil it will just do so at another opportunity. Why would we do a silence when footballs way is applause. The authorities did have a choice, to not pander to the spoilers. Thecspplausevwould have ensured that.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Now I understand why you "left" the Trust Board
Attack the person not the post eh ?? Its at times like this I enjoy reading an ignored comment.

geoffwp

Exeweb so empty its starting to echo.................................echo

Bridgy 81

Exeweb so empty its starting to echo.................................echo
l suppose that’s because most people on here just want to talk about football in general and Exeter City in particular (me included).

dommers

Why would we do a silence when footballs way is applause.
It always used to be a minutes silence although in recent years it's turned into applause as this stops idiots ruining the silence.