• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
FTFA!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
FFS, how many times. It was the FA alone that postponed all football this weekend, NOT the EFL or the premier League, both of whom wanted to keep the sporting fixtures as they were. If you’re going to be angry, direct it in the right place.
Indo doesn't deal with the truth when it conflicts with his preconceptions, it is an irrelevance to him, he would rather blame his mangy cats than admit that he was wrong ! Fortunately this is Exeweb, rather than the real world, where history tells us that the innocent can end up being wrongfully executed for crimes that they didn't commit ! :cool:

tom_ecfc

Just to clear up the point it was a lack of police available at football grounds…

“While policing was not a factor in postponing this weekend's Premier League games, it is understood it could be a consideration in next weekend's games depending on state funeral arrangements.”

Quote from the FA.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a worthwhile cause but please stay on topic 😉

And don't look up FTFA on Urban Dictionary 🤯

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indo doesn't deal with the truth when it conflicts with his preconceptions, it is an irrelevance to him, he would rather blame his mangy cats than admit that he was wrong ! Fortunately this is Exeweb, rather than the real world, where history tells us that the innocent can end up being wrongfully executed for crimes that they didn't commit ! :cool:
Sounds like the introduction to the A Team.

fred binneys head

Just to clear up the point it was a lack of police available at football grounds…

“While policing was not a factor in postponing this weekend's Premier League games, it is understood it could be a consideration in next weekend's games depending on state funeral arrangements.”

Quote from the FA.
Ha ha, the quote itself says that policing was not a factor.

My best mate was on the actual call with the government along with all the other sports representatives, and he was clear as can be that the EFL and the Premier League wanted to keep the fixtures as they were, but the FA overruled them and cancelled all football (even grassroots FFS) out of respect for Prince William in his role as ambassador of the FA or whatever he is. Nothing to do with policing, nothing to do with the EFL or the Premier League.

Anyway, I’ll wind my neck in now, it’s not that important 🤣

dommers

The question is: does it show a lack of respect by continuing with normal activity?
I'm sure the country will have the chance to show its respect on the day of the funeral procession and by signing books of condolences which will be accessible in many places. If the football had gone ahead, it would also have given hundreds of thousands of fans the chance to show their respect by observing a minute's silence at the stadiums.
It doesn't show a lack of respect by continuing as normal. Equally you could ask whether it shows a lack of respect by not accepting the very difficult decisions that are being made at the moment.
I hope we don't have a minutes silence as I'm sure there will be morons throughout the country who are unable to stay quiet.

fred binneys head

It doesn't show a lack of respect by continuing as normal. Equally you could ask whether it shows a lack of respect by not accepting the very difficult decisions that are being made at the moment.
I hope we don't have a minutes silence as I'm sure there will be morons throughout the country who are unable to stay quiet.
Not for this I don’t think. You could be right of course but I don’t think you are and I really hope you’re not.

IndoMike

Now I understand why you "left" the Trust Board

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You could have been doing this today