• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
SMi
I've looked but I can't find an answer to this urgent matter. Am I allowed to smile or crack a joke on Saturday and will the pubs be open? Thank you in advance.
Geoff. Please remember that it wasn't the RF that postponed this weekend's footie. It was the arse-licking, incompetent, grossly overpaid, dimwitted, sloth PL and EFL bosses that did. I can't imagine that Charles would give a fukc either way if Charlton v Exeter was on or off this weekend.i

Colesman Ballz

SMi

Geoff. Please remember that it wasn't the RF that postponed this weekend's footie. It was the arse-licking, incompetent, grossly overpaid, dimwitted, sloth PL and EFL bosses that did. I can't imagine that Charles would give a fukc either way if Charlton v Exeter was on or off this weekend.i
Perhaps if you were to have read posts #206, 212 and 214, before commenting you would have been better informed Indo ! :cool:

Last edited:

IndoMike

Perhaps if you were to have read posts #206, 212 and 214, before commenting you would have been better informed Indo ! :cool:
Ballzy. I now have 20 cats and broke my hand trying to save four more who had been heartlessly dumped in a drain. I have a wife who thinks she is the Queen of Indonesia and a demanding job. Do you honestly think I have time to read every farking post on Exeweb?
I am more pro- than anti- royal and have far greater respect for them than the bunch of Tory dimwits that we are constantly stuck with, but I have come to the conclusion that the football schedule should not have been cancelled. The PL and EFL honchos have always been arse-licking self-serving,
twits and both institution should be booted out, along with FIFA and The Olympic Committee. Now forgive me while I bring my wife her lunch on a silver tray encrusted with diamonds.
Exeter City Rules!
COYR!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Enjoy your day in the smoke!

Memphis09

I am as disappointed as everyone on here is but the Queen served us for over 70 years so I think to cancel one weekends game is the least we can do and show our respect
Games will continue after this weekend apparently
We will return UTC

IndoMike

I am as disappointed as everyone on here is but the Queen served us for over 70 years so I think to cancel one weekends game is the least we can do and show our respect
We will return UTC
In theory the Govt has all the information and it did not announce that today should be an official day of morning with all activity to be postponed.
The question is: does it show a lack of respect by continuing with normal activity?
I'm sure the country will have the chance to show its respect on the day of the funeral procession and by signing books of condolences which will be accessible in many places. If the football had gone ahead, it would also have given hundreds of thousands of fans the chance to show their respect by observing a minute's silence at the stadiums.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Cricket and rugby going ahead today, great north run and park runs on as normal. Confirmed there was no obligation to cancel things so the fa got this wrong. My sons had an under 11 game postponed so instead of getting exercise in the fresh air with a respectful minutes silence they get to play computer games and watch tv instead.

IndoMike

We will return UTC
Just to add, wasn't it the philosophy of the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen to just get on with life in difficult times and not be mawkish or make a big deal of things? Didn't they like "no fuss" ?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 minutes into training? For goodness sake
Wasn’t he on the bench last week? I assume he trained last Friday…Unless Matt is talking about this Monday’s training

fred binneys head

SMi

FFS, how many times. It was the FA alone that postponed all football this weekend, NOT the EFL or the premier League, both of whom wanted to keep the sporting fixtures as they were. If you’re going to be angry, direct it in the right place.