• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

i8cornwall

Football is in a no win situation what ever it does here.

Play games and some people will say it's insensitive and then others will say just play them minutes silence etc etc.

Happy I'm not making the decision.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tomorrow’s stage of Tour of Britain has been cancelled

In all seriousness, if you think the game should be off give your head a wobble.

KentGrecian

KentGrecian

Highly likely the fixtures this weekend will be called off I Imagine....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep they wouldn't call off Fridays and not Saturdays.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep they wouldn't call off Fridays and not Saturdays.
They’re waiting for the official mourning protocols to be issued tomorrow, but in the meantime they have cancelled tomorrow out of respect. They may well play Saturday’s games if the protocols allow.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

If they follow precedent from the death of George VI, games will go ahead.

George VI died on Wednesday 6th February 1952, and we played at home to Watford on the following Saturday (9th). His funeral took place on Friday 15th, and games went ahead on the Saturday 16th - we were away to Ipswich.
Did you go to the Home game?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Interesting that for George VI the football was still on but the rugby was called off. 1952 society, in a nutshell.

The games will likely be off this weekend as they were for Diana's death (IIRC?). The following weekend as well seems excessive.
It ll be both weekends off i'm afraid, the Queen's death is a big deal.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
They’re waiting for the official mourning protocols to be issued tomorrow, but in the meantime they have cancelled tomorrow out of respect. They may well play Saturday’s games if the protocols allow.
I hope they play the games on Saturday but my gut feeling is they'll be postponed.