• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure that you'll all like to be reminded that today is the anniversary of the visit of Michael Jackson.
No, that's something I definitely would rather have not been reminded about.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure that you'll all like to be reminded that today is the anniversary of the visit of Michael Jackson.
Some idiot has put it on the Exeter Memories site on Facebook 🤬

Alistair20000

**shakes fist** :mad:

Grecian 1901

And he was indeed a genuine legend. Amazing that only 1100 turned up to see him.
It's a shame that top flight players no longer drop down the leagues. I appreciate that they no longer need to for financial reasons anymore, but you might have thought that the love of the game would be sufficient for many of them to continue.

There were some fantastic obituary stories about Frank; there is no way that modern day footballers could ever hope to replicate his magical antics either on or off the pitch. I believe his autobiography was titled: one bonk or two.
Frank at City for Tranmere! 0C33B2CE-410C-49B6-A08E-211134A2E11A.jpegE4FD5365-CB4C-4D49-A9D5-8A59693FBFB2.jpeg

Grecian 1901

A few odd and... who and why? And just for Log! D727ACF9-6B60-4726-B2BD-77E4E26CF8B2.jpegDEFC90AB-90C7-482F-B9AA-EDE872278D83.jpeg190F86A9-9755-4113-835E-E3ED715A3038.jpeg1840B53E-2C86-4C2B-AEEA-58BF27DEB9E4.jpeg

iscalad

Why is Hatchie on a Kings Lynn bike?

Spoonz Red E

Why is Hatchie on a Kings Lynn bike?
'Get me on a speedway bike wearing me best casual clobber?'
'Norfolk enchants'.

iscalad

'Get me on a speedway bike wearing me best casual clobber?'
'Norfolk enchants'.
Just seen the FB post.
I was there that day but can't recall seeing Kings Lynn riders there.
Well, it was a long time ago and my memory is pretty much shot😅

Grecian 1901

Just seen the FB post.
I was there that day but can't recall seeing Kings Lynn riders there.
Well, it was a long time ago and my memory is pretty much shot😅
I posted that, it was a reciprocal promise, City had invited the Falcons to the Park.

“EXETER FALCONS TO RECIPROCATE Exeter City have been offered the freedom of the Exeter County Ground speedway facilities to fulfil a three year promise. Wally Mawdsley, the Exeter Falcons co-promoter said in 1974 that the football club invited his champions winning team to parade before one of the matches at St. James' Park, and at the time he said that if City achieved promotion they would return the compliment.

This they will do next Monday when the Falcons host King's Lynn at the County Ground, and all the City squad are looking forward to it.”

Rosencrantz

I posted that, it was a reciprocal promise, City had invited the Falcons to the Park.

“EXETER FALCONS TO RECIPROCATE Exeter City have been offered the freedom of the Exeter County Ground speedway facilities to fulfil a three year promise. Wally Mawdsley, the Exeter Falcons co-promoter said in 1974 that the football club invited his champions winning team to parade before one of the matches at St. James' Park, and at the time he said that if City achieved promotion they would return the compliment.

This they will do next Monday when the Falcons host King's Lynn at the County Ground, and all the City squad are looking forward to it.”
Some legends of the County Ground riding that season. Some luck players would have had the pleasure of being riden around by Ivan Mauger, Vaclav Verner and my Mother's best friend's favourite Scott Autrey.