Odds & sods

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I vaguely recall tv footage of a parachutist due to land on the pitch as part of the entertainment, missing the target and left hanging from a stand roof. Possibly at Villa Park or another Midlands venue ??

wiveygrecian

Opening day of the 1987/88 season.15th August.
A good start with a rare home win against Cambridge Utd.The first at SJP against them in 15 years.
Roy Carter scoring a couple of goals on his debut.Carter had a good career at Hereford,Swindon & Newport previously.
He started at Falmouth Town & played in that team with Tony Kellow until he transferred to Hereford in 1975.Helping them gain promotion to the 2nd Division in 75/76.
View attachment 5513
Yes Carter was an ok player but if I remember correctly he got those 2 goals on debut and didn’t score the rest of the season for us! Also Scarborough’s first game in league football . Played Wolves who took 1000’s and one of their fans fell badly through a stand roof while stood on top of it !!

wiveygrecian

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Opening day of the 1987/88 season.15th August.
A good start with a rare home win against Cambridge Utd.The first at SJP against them in 15 years.
Roy Carter scoring a couple of goals on his debut.Carter had a good career at Hereford,Swindon & Newport previously.
He started at Falmouth Town & played in that team with Tony Kellow until he transferred to Hereford in 1975.Helping them gain promotion to the 2nd Division in 75/76.
View attachment 5513
I think the following Saturday at Swansea we finally got that long awaited away win!...it had been a long, long, long time coming.