• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes a game that sticks in my mind. I have half an idea that I saw the goals on television as well. I seem to remember a long ball into the box headed in by Plumb. After years as also rans, this is the game after which I started to believe, sadly to be disappointed.
Dick Plumb scored a hatrick iirc..The goals would have been shown on Westward Sports Desk(complete with dodgy camerawork I expect ) on the Monday no doubt.
Not all games had a camera in those days but because it was a top of the table game it would have been filmed.

lamrobhero

Dick Plumb scored a hatrick iirc..The goals would have been shown on Westward Sports Desk(complete with dodgy camerawork I expect ) on the Monday no doubt.
Not all games had a camera in those days but because it was a top of the table game it would have been filmed.
Thanks I do have a vague memory in general of watching goals on Monday early evening local news but I was not sure.

Oldsmobile-88

1986/87 Football League goal scorers.
Tony Kellow was 35 at the end of the season.
15 goals was a respectable total for the fella as he was coming to the end of his career.
03E668B5-3F33-40E6-85DC-D080F00C6C3A.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

29th April 1961..The Grecians get the win to ensure they do not have to apply for re election.
2436FA83-9A9B-49AB-A0F9-F02CDDD97476.jpeg

grecIAN Harris

1986/87 Football League goal scorers.
Tony Kellow was 35 at the end of the season.
15 goals was a respectable total for the fella as he was coming to the end of his career.
View attachment 3780
I wonder how many names of those listed you could complete (ie add their first name)?

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder how many names of those listed you could complete (ie add their first name)?
27/53 of the names in Division 4....

haka

Imagine this today. Several 3rd/4th Division players on that list would go to the 1990 World Cup - Platt, Bull, Cascarino, Kelly ...

But not the top scorers from the top flight! Only Aldridge (though Lineker was at Barcelona).

Grecian 1901

Thanks I do have a vague memory in general of watching goals on Monday early evening local news but I was not sure.
Yep on Westcountry, some of the footage was used to make the 76/77 dvd the supporters club did.
Film will be at their library, which I think is at Heritage Centre

iscalad

Yep on Westcountry, some of the footage was used to make the 76/77 dvd the supporters club did.
Film will be at their library, which I think is at Heritage Centre
I have the dvd

Grecian 1901

Can we copy.
The quality is like this