• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bob McGrath, One of the original "Human" cast members of Sesame St dies aged 90. RIP

DB9

Kirstie Alley, Known for her role as Rebecca in Cheers amongst others dies aged 71. RIP.

Oldsmobile-88

Kirstie Alley, Known for her role as Rebecca in Cheers amongst others dies aged 71. RIP.
One of her best roles imo was a early one in her career as Virgilla Hazard in the TV Mini Series, North & South in 1985.

Banksy

Ah , Saavik in the Wrath of Khan.Seems a long time ago since I first enjoyed that film , one of the best of the series.

Oldsmobile-88

Ah , Saavik in the Wrath of Khan.Seems a long time ago since I first enjoyed that film , one of the best of the series.
A role in that film which turbo charged her career. A great actress, those eyes 😍

The 2nd Star Trek Film was critical, if it had been as mediocre as the original film, that would have been it. Wrath of Khan was well written, interweaving a story line from a episode from the original TV series.

F29B7298-6F3E-4372-954A-60C05571CAB6.jpeg

geoffwp

Those eyes look a bit bloodshot Olds. Did she hit the gin bottle hard? :cool:😉

DB9

Last surviving member of the WW2 Dambusters raid George "Johnny" Johnson has died aged 101, Thank you for your service. RIP

Banksy

Last surviving member of the WW2 Dambusters raid George "Johnny" Johnson has died aged 101, Thank you for your service. RIP
I used to know one of the dam busters , did youth work with his daughter. He was a navigator on one of the bombers. In his old age she told me he used to play the Dam Busters March on his old record player loud by the back door when he was out the back gardening.

Alistair20000

Seconded.

Banksy

Thirded.