• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
[QUOTE="Oldsmobile-88, post: 2105777, member:

That episode was not shown by the BBC for many years because of the depiction of Sadism & Torture in the episode. One of 2 episodes the BBC did not show until the late1980s( ‘Whom Gods Destroy’ was the other )
I first saw the two un-broadcasted episodes after hiring them from the Video Shop that was o the corner of South St & Palace gate in 1983.
[/QUOTE]

That's some memory Olds ! Do you remember what the weather was like that day as well ? :)

Oldsmobile-88

[QUOTE="Oldsmobile-88, post: 2105777, member:

That episode was not shown by the BBC for many years because of the depiction of Sadism & Torture in the episode. One of 2 episodes the BBC did not show until the late1980s( ‘Whom Gods Destroy’ was the other )
I first saw the two un-broadcasted episodes after hiring them from the Video Shop that was o the corner of South St & Palace gate in 1983.
That's some memory Olds ! Do you remember what the weather was like that day as well ? :)
[/QUOTE]
Don’t ask me what I did last week CB 😁

edindevon

Al Qaeda leader Ayman Al Zawahiri has been taken out by a US drone strike in Kabul apparently. President Biden to make a statement later...

Phil Sayers

Al Qaeda leader Ayman Al Zawahiri has been taken out by a US drone strike in Kabul apparently. President Biden to make a statement later...

Oldsmobile-88

Roy Hackett(93)

Roy Hackett was one of the organisers of the Bristol Bus Boycott, a successful campaign to overturn a ban by Bristol Omnibus Company on employing black and Asian drivers and conductors in 1963.

This lead to The Race Relations Act(1965)

IndoMike

I remember Bernard in a Fawlty Towers episode playing a feisty travelling salesman / guest mistaken for a health inspector. He punched Basil on the nose and knocked him down.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember Bernard in a Fawlty Towers episode playing a feisty travelling salesman / guest mistaken for a health inspector. He punched Basil on the nose and knocked him down.

DB9

Roy Hackett(93)

Roy Hackett was one of the organisers of the Bristol Bus Boycott, a successful campaign to overturn a ban by Bristol Omnibus Company on employing black and Asian drivers and conductors in 1963.

This lead to The Race Relations Act(1965)
One of these times when I have to decide whether to put a sad emoji up or a like one, The sad one for his passing (RIP) but a like one for his part in the Bristol Bus Boycott that led to the creation of the Race Relations Act. RIP

DB9

Actor Micheal Redfern, Not a familier name but you'd know him if you saw him, He played the "Oxo Dad" along side the late Lynda Bellingham in those adverts, Also had parts in Only Fools, Some Mothers, The Youngs Ones and many others dies aged 79. RIP

edindevon