• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very sad news for Ronaldo and his partner, No matter how great your life is Mother Nature can deal a devastating blow. RIP little one.

That might possibly explain his "shortness" at the end of the Everton game?
At least the litigious scouse mummy still has her ickle soldier...despite his bruised hand.

Alistair20000

That might possibly explain his "shortness" at the end of the Everton game?
At least the litigious scouse mummy still has her ickle soldier...despite his bruised hand.
Possibly this sad loss has happened after the Everton incident.

Always a terrible thing to lose a child. :(

• Sad
Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

Art Rupe (104) the record label owner who gave the first chances to Little Richard and Sam Cooke amongst others.

Who ever said that rock, roll and die young

DB9

Iby Knil, She lived a long life even through the most extreme circumstances at times. RIP

lamrobhero

I see that Tony Scott passed in the last year. 2 memories that I would add:
Firstly his technique of crossing the ball with the outside of his foot. Not seen it before or since from anyone. In my memory I only remember him crossing with the outside of his foot but I guess he also used the inside of his foot. Years later John Bond was on TV reminiscing about his life in football and he mentioned Tony Scott crossing with the outside of his foot. Maybe Caprice could learn the technique for when he is playing on the left?
Secondly at a game, he was infront of the OG, the ball was elsewehere and a defender decided to give him an almighty kick. Tony went down in a heap. The OG rose in indignation. The referee blew his whistle and sent the defender off. Given that the ball was elsewhere I did wonder if the ref had actually seen the incident.
Tony Scott was a great player.

DB9

Eric Chappell best known for writing the brilliant 70's sit com Rising Damp amongst others dies aged 88. RIP

Mr Jinx

Eric Chappell best known for writing the brilliant 70's sit com Rising Damp amongst others dies aged 88. RIP
He also wrote The Bounder starring Peter Bowles, who passed away himself only 5 weeks ago (I must've completely missed that).

DB9

He also wrote The Bounder starring Peter Bowles, who passed away himself only 5 weeks ago (I must've completely missed that).
Didn't he also write "Only When I Larf" as well? Also with Peter Bowles, Richard Wilson and James Bolam.

Oldsmobile-88

I see that Tony Scott passed in the last year. 2 memories that I would add:
Firstly his technique of crossing the ball with the outside of his foot. Not seen it before or since from anyone. In my memory I only remember him crossing with the outside of his foot but I guess he also used the inside of his foot. Years later John Bond was on TV reminiscing about his life in football and he mentioned Tony Scott crossing with the outside of his foot. Maybe Caprice could learn the technique for when he is playing on the left?
Secondly at a game, he was infront of the OG, the ball was elsewehere and a defender decided to give him an almighty kick. Tony went down in a heap. The OG rose in indignation. The referee blew his whistle and sent the defender off. Given that the ball was elsewhere I did wonder if the ref had actually seen the incident.
Tony Scott was a great player.
A great winger, he was towards the end of his career when he played for the Grecians, injuries were beginning to catch up with him, he was still a class act, setting up many of Fred Binneys goals.
Scott & Dave Gibson on both wings, great days.
I think the incident you were talking about was against Gillingham in 1973, it was rare to see players sent off in those days, it stuck in my mind.

STURTZ

Tony Scott was a classy player, past his physical peak when he played for us, seemed to have a bit of a beer belly! but he could put a ball on a sixpence. As Olds says he was a big part of Fred Binneys success with us as he was with Ted McDougal at Bournemouth who netted 42 in one season to become something of a sensation. Scott created goals wherever he went, fine player!