• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chris Bailey(65) Singer/songwriter with Aussie band The Saints,who got bumped into the New Wave genre at the time.
The wonderful single I’m Stranded released in 1977.

RIP Chris.

Must admit to jumping around to that song a fair bit back in the day.

DB9

Gilbert Gottfried, Legendary US stand up comedian and actor dies aged 67. RIP

I'm sure you'd recognise him and his distinctive voice.

Rosencrantz

Gilbert Gottfried, Legendary US stand up comedian and actor dies aged 67. RIP

I'm sure you'd recognise him and his distinctive voice.
Best known by me for his cameo in Beverly Hills Cop 2.

DB9

Best known by me for his cameo in Beverly Hills Cop 2.
I mostly remember his stand up, He came over to the UK often in the late 80's early 90's, Think also his did voice acting in Disney's Aladdin.

Oldsmobile-88

Sylvia Lancaster.
Thrown into an unwanted limelight by the tragic death of her daughter Sophie in 2007 who was murdered by a gang in her local park because she looked like a ‘Goth’ she started a campaign to change the law and meaning of a hate crime.

grecIAN Harris

Former Colombia captain and striker Freddie Rincon was killed as a result of a car crash on Monday.

• Sad
Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

The commentator Nigel Pearson has passed away aged just 52. Very much the voice of Speedway on British TV for at least the past 15/20 years or so and maybe longer. His commentary partnership with Kelvin Tatum has been a long one. He also commentated on Darts for Sky Sports among other things.

dontpassback

The commentator Nigel Pearson has passed away aged just 52. Very much the voice of Speedway on British TV for at least the past 15/20 years or so and maybe longer. His commentary partnership with Kelvin Tatum has been a long one. He also commentated on Darts for Sky Sports among other things.
Very sad loss,him and Kelvin Tatums speedway GP commentary was excellent and his speedway knowledge was first class,I didn’t know he was a baggies fan either,RIP nigel

Oldsmobile-88

Joachim Streich(71) Footballer.

Streich was probably the best know footballer from the former East Germany.
He played 98 times for East German scoring 54 goals.
Well remembered by anyone who watched the 1974 World Cup in West Germany. He played in the game when East Germany famously beat the hosts 1-0 in Hamburg.

Last edited:

DB9

Very sad news for Ronaldo and his partner, No matter how great your life is Mother Nature can deal a devastating blow. RIP little one.