• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

For those few of us on here old enough to remember him , Bobby Rydell has died aged 79 . An American pop singer who had many big hits in the late 50’s and early 60’s such as We Got Love , Wild One and Forget Him .

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
David McKee, children's book author, 87.

Elmer (the elephant) & Mr Benn among the more well known ones.

DB9

David McKee, children's book author, 87.

Elmer (the elephant) & Mr Benn among the more well known ones.
Elmer, A favourite of my kids when they were young and now my Grandkids love Elmer, Mr Benn, A cult classic. RIP.

Alistair20000

Elmer, A favourite of my kids when they were young and now my Grandkids love Elmer, Mr Benn, A cult classic. RIP.
They played the Mr Benn theme music on the wireless as I was driving home from Plymouth. They also said only 13 episodes were made. I would have been miles out if asked to give a figure.

RIP

Alistair20000

Jennifer Wilson who played the part of Jennifer Kingsley/Hammond in the BBC series or should I say soap in the 1970’s The Brothers.

Mistress of the deceased father of Edward Hammond and bearer of his daughter who then became Edward’s wife. Something not quite right about that.

fred binneys head

Jennifer Wilson who played the part of Jennifer Kingsley/Hammond in the BBC series or should I say soap in the 1970’s The Brothers.

Mistress of the deceased father of Edward Hammond and bearer of his daughter who then became Edward’s wife. Something not quite right about that.
Never saw it, was it based in Plymouth?

grecIAN Harris

Henry Patterson aka author Jack Higgins, The Eagle Has Landed being one of his 85 titles, has died aged 92.

Rosencrantz

Henry Patterson aka author Jack Higgins, The Eagle Has Landed being one of his 85 titles, has died aged 92.
I thought it had been a long time since his last Sean Dillon book came out. Very accessible books of the genre but also very pleasurable.

iscalad

Met him at a book signing . Sad news indeed.
Storm Warning my personal favourite.

Oldsmobile-88

Chris Bailey(65) Singer/songwriter with Aussie band The Saints,who got bumped into the New Wave genre at the time.
The wonderful single I’m Stranded released in 1977.