• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Former Radio 1 and Radio 2 presenter Janice Long dies aged 66. RIP
I did see mention of her demise on Twitter late last night,but have not seen confirmation.
Where did you see the info DB9 ?

DB9

I did see mention of her demise on Twitter late last night,but have not seen confirmation.
Where did you see the info DB9 ?
On the BBC news Website and of course her brother Keith Chegwin passed a while back.

Oldsmobile-88

On the BBC news Website and of course her brother Keith Chegwin passed a while back.
Sad news indeed.I was hoping it had not been confirmed.
Spent many a hour listening to Janice on her midnight show travelling back from a job.

DB9

Sad news indeed.I was hoping it had not been confirmed.
Spent many a hour listening to Janice on her midnight show travelling back from a job.
Underrated at the time and one of the fist woman to have a daily show on R1, A sort of Annie Nightingale for a later generation.

Oldsmobile-88

Underrated at the time and one of the fist woman to have a daily show on R1, A sort of Annie Nightingale for a later generation.
I loved her broadcasting style.Wonderful anecdotes from music & her personal life on her late night show.

Rosencrantz

Former Radio 1 and Radio 2 presenter Janice Long dies aged 66. RIP
She will be able to cause mischief with John Peel again then in the TOTP in the sky.

Oldsmobile-88

She will be able to cause mischief with John Peel again then in the TOTP in the sky.
Janice Long: "I had him (David Cassidy) on my bedroom wall."

John Peel: "That's very athletic of you, Janice."

Colesman Ballz

Legendary NFL Coach and Commentator John Madden has died suddenly at the age of 85. RIP :(

DB9

April Ashley, A true trailblazer that probably went through hell at a time when no one understood and became only the second British person who went through Male to Female transition in 1960 and was "Outed" by a tabloid and all her work as a model/actress dried up dies aged 86. RIP

Her life story is fascinating and while male was in the Merchant Navy along with John Prescott.

DB9

Betty White, The last of The Golden Girls dies aged 99. RIP.