• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Call me Mr Picky if you like :) but that film was from 1973. Saw it a couple of nights ago for the umpteenth time. As you say an excellent portrayal.

Did he play Hugo Drax in Moonraker ?
Yes..He was in Moonraker.

I stand corrected it was 1973.
I remember watching it at the ABC that year & missing the last bus back to Exminster,luckily one of the lads parents had a telephone so they were summoned to pick us all up.

Tommy DeVito aged 92 has died in Las Vegas after contracting COVID-19 . Tommy was part of The Four Seasons who had many hits in the 60’s and 70’s such as :-
Sherry
Walk Like A Man
Rag Doll
Let’s Hang On and
December ‘63 (Oh What A Night)
The hit musical Jersey Boys was based on their careers.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tommy DeVito aged 92 has died in Las Vegas after contracting COVID-19 . Tommy was part of The Four Seasons who had many hits in the 60’s and 70’s such as :-
Sherry
Walk Like A Man
Rag Doll
Let’s Hang On and
December ‘63 (Oh What A Night)
The hit musical Jersey Boys was based on their careers.
Takes me back to the Sydney Bar, George Town, Penang, Malaysia. Sat outside in the sun with Rag Doll wafting through the open window as we shifted pints of ice cold Tiger Beer.

DB9

Takes me back to the Sydney Bar, George Town, Penang, Malaysia. Sat outside in the sun with Rag Doll wafting through the open window as we shifted pints of ice cold Tiger Beer.
Sounds like you were in Ice cold in Alex Stuffers.😄

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like you were in Ice cold in Alex Stuffers.😄
Life seemed so easy in those distant far-off days DB. The only irritant was the Australians on the mainland RAAF Butterworth airbase. While we had frequent run-ins with the Aussie air force police we had zero contact with the Aussie army unit quartered less than sixty yards from our billet. During our six month detachment we never spoke once, even at the poolside NAAFI they kept at one end and we at the other. Absolutely no love lost :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Life seemed so easy in those distant far-off days DB. The only irritant was the Australians on the mainland RAAF Butterworth airbase. While we had frequent run-ins with the Aussie air force police we had zero contact with the Aussie army unit quartered less than sixty yards from our billet. During our six month detachment we never spoke once, even at the poolside NAAFI they kept at one end and we at the other. Absolutely no love lost :)
Maybe England had just won the Ashes, Stuffers!

DB9

Compared to today I think it was, Easy perhaps not the right word, More like less complicated. I can relate to those sort of "rivalries" (y)

Rosencrantz

Ex Aussie opener Dean Jones has passed away after a sudden cardiac arrest, only 59. A great and entertaining batsman who kind of set the blueprint for Aussie openers to come.

Oldsmobile-88

Peter Hampton(66) Footballer,best remembered at Leeds,Stoke & Burnley from 1979 to 1987.

Oldsmobile-88

Ex Aussie opener Dean Jones has passed away after a sudden cardiac arrest, only 59. A great and entertaining batsman who kind of set the blueprint for Aussie openers to come.