• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
One less hero. :(
Whatever happened to them.😞

Alistair20000

Good Bauy To Lose

Rosencrantz

Very sad news that. :(

Big Stranglers fan here in Tebbern.

It seems that although he contracted COVID-19 he had other serious health issues.

He wrote what became Golden Brown which marked a gentler style of music from the usual stuff of the Band; ignoring the lyrics of course ! Was their biggest hit I think.

RIP
It was certainly the biggest hit at Whipton Barton Middle School in the mid eighties when we could...er download (very much not the phraseology at the time) a computer synthy tune on to the school BBC computers. We were very hip and street for nine year olds...or the lyrics might have gone over our heads. The teachers wry smiles only made sense in later years.

Antony Moxey

Whatever happened to them.😞
The Stranglers? Still going strong - saw them at Beautiful Days last year and they pretty much blew everyone else out the park. As superb then as when I first saw them back in the early eighties.

iscalad

Millie Small

Mr Jinx

Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider. 73. Cancer, not CV related.

RIP dude, one of my favourite ever gigs you were.

DB9

Pioneer and huge influence on the Electro sound of the 70's & 80's plus featured on Tomorrow's World when they played a bit of Autobahn. Fantasic Group. RIP

GJW

Love the Tour De France song they did. still got it somewhere on 45, and the Model, of course. Great songs.

STURTZ

Kraftwerk were just the band that found commercial success with Krautrock, bands such as Can, Amon Duul, Faust, Tangerene Dream, had cleared the way for them.

geoffwp

Great Band. I remember going around to a mates house and hearing this fantastic sound. My mate, who thought it was crap, said it was something his younger brother was playing and wanted us to leave and go to the pub we were heading for. I wouldn't leave till I'd found out who it was. Spent the next hour listening to Autobahn several times and got to the pub late. Went and bought the album next day. Put it on when i heard the news.