• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do recall him being very religious. Strangely I never knew his surname. He was always Gordon.

Looks like he may still have been working aged 76 as the vehicle appears to have been a commercial.

Oldsmobile-88

I do recall him being very religious. Strangely I never knew his surname. He was always Gordon.

Looks like he may still have been working aged 76 as the vehicle appears to have been a commercial.
Yes he was...There was a article in the Echo about 18 months ago about the problem he was having getting bottled gas from his usual local supplier something about the volume that had to be ordered iirc..
Reading the article that Isca posted it appeared he got over that hurdle by finding a supplier near Hull.

Colesman Ballz

He was a real character and a real fixture for many years. Before moving to the lower end of Blackboy Road, his shop was at the upper end on the corner of Posloe Road. The shop was a great "delve" when you were after imperial. fixings etc. RIP

Oldsmobile-88

“Flash Gordon” photo from Devon Live last year.
In his usual parking spot that Ali mentioned.
D83C26C9-7403-41C2-AE4C-4AA77F1B46E5.jpeg

Helen McCrory aged 52 . She was in Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter and lots more , she was married to Damian Lewis .

Oldsmobile-88

Helen McCrory aged 52 . She was in Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter and lots more , she was married to Damian Lewis .
That’s a shocker...I have not seen any Harry Potter films but she was fantastic as Aunt Polly in Peaky Blinders.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wales and British Lions captain, John Dawes, aged 80. RIP.

grecIAN Harris

That’s a shocker...I have not seen any Harry Potter films but she was fantastic as Aunt Polly in Peaky Blinders.
She played Mrs Malfoy. One of quite a number of the Harry Potter cast that has passed on.

Oldsmobile-88

Lew Lewis...Harmonica player extraordinaire.

Performed with Eddie & the Hot Rods in the late 70s & played on this track for The Stranglers(George Melly vocal)

Mr Jinx

Songwriter Barry Mason, 85.

Penned Delilah amongst many other classics of that era.