We should remember those whose live he took away
- Wilma McCann, 28, from Chapeltown, Leeds, who was killed in October 1975.
- Emily Jackson, 42, from Morley, Leeds. Killed on 20 January 1976.
- Irene Richardson, 28, from Chapeltown, Leeds. Killed on 6 February 1977.
- Patricia Atkinson, 32, from Manningham, Bradford. Killed on 24 April 1977.
- Jayne MacDonald, 16, from Leeds. Killed on 26 June 1977.
- Jean Jordan, 21, from Manchester, who died between 30 September and 11 October 1977.
- Yvonne Pearson, 22, from Bradford. Killed between 20 January and 26 March 1978.
- Helen Rytka, 18, from Huddersfield. Killed on 31 January 1978.
- Vera Millward, 40, from Manchester. Killed on 16 May 1978.
- Josephine Whitaker, 19, from Halifax. Killed on 4 April 1979.
- Barbara Leach, 20. Killed while walking in Bradford on 1 September 1979.
- Marguerite Walls, 47, from Leeds. Killed on 20 August 1980.
- Jacqueline Hill, 20. Found killed at Headingley on 16 November 1980.
Yes, who can forget him. A rather pathetic figure.Not forgetting ‘Wearside Jack’ (John Humble) who’s hoax tape that was played all over the media in early 1979 led the Police on a merry dance & led to 3 more murders indirectly.
Humble was eventually tracked down in 2006 & sentenced to 8 years for perverting the course of justice.
A more appropriate justice caught up with him a few years later in the form of a fatal Heart Attack.
John Hays(71) Joint owner & founder of Hays Travel.
A great travel company with wonderful & interesting travel packages at very competitive prices.
I stood on the Gelderd End when that tape was played to the crowd for identification purposes, that was chilling.Yes, who can forget him. A rather pathetic figure.
But having watched the documentary on him, once he realised what he'd started as a prank had snowballed and gained so much traction it had become paramount to the investigation, he tried to stop it by ringing the police (in full Wearside accent) saying it was a prank and to ignore it. You get to hear the very recorded phone call. Do you think the Police took any notice? With the bit now fully between their teeth (or so they thought), they completely ignored it of course.