• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Number 9 shirt

ryancooper327

Posted in Error

Corey

Imagine it could bring a lot of pressure to whoever is the first to take the number 9 back so lots of players may not want it.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Delicate subject.... but by the way he goes about his game with his fully commited attitude and work rate Ryan Bowman would be very much worthy of the No:9 shirt.
RD I could not agree more.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Delicate subject.... but by the way he goes about his game with his fully commited attitude and work rate Ryan Bowman would be very much worthy of the No:9 shirt.
There's nothing delicate about it. Due honour has been served to Stanno and the number 9 shirt should have its rightful and integral place in the squad list. As for who to have, I'd agree the Ryan is playing up well to the architypal 'cenner forward' and should have it if he so desires.

Dannyred

I always thought it should of been retired for life.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
No one who ever met , watched or has read about Stanno and the terrible way he passed away will ever forget his style and cheerfulness to all fans of different clubs he played at and against but I would like to see the number 9 shirt back at SJP being worn alongside all the other players.

Maybe it will give the first person a bit of trepidation for a few games but may also give the wearer whoever it is an enormous sense of pride at being chosen to be the first and give him that little bit extra to go for goal and score.
If you believe in that sort of thing Stanno would be looking down and grinning from ear to ear like only he could.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's nothing delicate about it. Due honour has been served to Stanno and the number 9 shirt should have its rightful and integral place in the squad list. As for who to have, I'd agree the Ryan is playing up well to the architypal 'cenner forward' and should have it if he so desires.
Agreed. Stanno is an ECFC legend, but that shouldn't mean the club can never have another number 9 legend in the future.

Rosencrantz

Whichever player is selected by Matt and actually wants it will get it I guess. I'm not sure how the numbers get allocated as some players do stick to a number (Deano, Jake, Troy Brown etc). I wouldn't be averse for it to go to a local(ish) lad like Ben Seymour but am not really fussed. Our number nine legend of the championship season was Brian McDermott. 76/77 was Lammie Robertson. So we don't really have a tradition of it having to be a centre forward 😉.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Personally I would like to see Nicky Law wear the number 9.

grecIAN Harris

Personally I would like to see Nicky Law wear the number 9.
Nicky Law has the right number on for a midfield maestro.