• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Number 9 shirt

Pobbop

Interesting comment to say the least. I'd heard a rumour (certainly no more than that) that Jay was upset that when he moved up to the U18's the No. 9 shirt wasn't available for him, bearing in mind the significance of it to him & his family & that this played a part in him being prepared to move to Fulham. If that was the case, then we did certainly miss a trick there.
Lets Not try and make a drama out if it eh?

Good luck to Ben, hope he can give 75% of effort in a City shirt than Adam did, if so he will do a great job:)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting comment to say the least. I'd heard a rumour (certainly no more than that) that Jay was upset that when he moved up to the U18's the No. 9 shirt wasn't available for him, bearing in mind the significance of it to him & his family & that this played a part in him being prepared to move to Fulham. If that was the case, then we did certainly miss a trick there.
Think that‘s a case of 2+2=5, however if your rumour of it being a catalyst for his move were to be proven correct then I have to say, and it might go against current sentiments, that perhaps it’s a good thing that the shirt was held back.