• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts County vs Exeter City match day thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really pleased to come back in and see that result. (clap) At half time I would have taken a draw.

Well done to Matt and the team. He made the appropriate changes after Bowman was given his marching orders.

Wow. Just wow. Just after they mention a smash n grab...

A slightly dodgy video of the goal:
https://www.facebook.com/jacques.defoe/videos/2139287299486073/
All adds to the pleasure of the goal that it should be Richard Duffy's pocket that Donovan Wilson picks.

Temporarily Exiled

When we went up in the autos we won at Lincoln with a last minute deano free kick. Today was this season’s Lincoln. We are going up.
I remember feeling the same after beating Cambridge at the Abbey last season, mind. Provenance is won, not assumed.

fred binneys head

Provenance, schmovenance. We’re going up.

Grecian2K

Nothing "dodgy" about that one thermoman! (y)
And what an officious little "ladies front-bump" that ref was over the (understandable) goal celebs - mind you, explains a lot perhaps of what went on in the earlier game - you can almost see him hissing to OUR Nicky "You weren't supposed to do that".

Still, priceless win. Added time goals - doncha just love 'em'. Arguably (more than) a leveller for the one at Lincoln, given the circumstances.

PS. "The Newest Club in the Non-League" had better get used to refs like that - got a feeling they'll soon be seeing a lot more like that.

PPS: Now MATHEMATICALLY safe (and with 8 still to go). Happy days for a habitually pessimistic Grecian.

Grecian Max

I remember feeling the same after beating Cambridge at the Abbey last season, mind. Provenance is won, not assumed.
TBF that was with a professional bottler in charge.

contrabombarde

Excellent result and stoicism paid off. We were owed this one after Grimsby.

Don’t you just know it’s City v MK in the Wembley final.

Grecian2K

Not sure why we put Wilson on, he's got no physical presence and I'm not convinced by his work rate.
Not me either Mr Simian. Why bring on a matchwinner when we could have clung on until THEY grabbed a 93 minute "smash and grab" winner and nudged us back to the mid-table obscurity that you clearly crave?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
and nudged us back to the mid-table obscurity that you clearly crave?
WTF are you on about 2K ?

fred binneys head

Not sure why we put Wilson on, he's got no physical presence and I'm not convinced by his work rate.
Don’t let his late cameo change your view - you were spot on, he was anonymous until the 93rd minute. If he had half the attitude of MJ, he’d be a decent player.