• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Considering the size of the town, was surprised at how modest Sixfields is. Perhaps there are plans to increase capacity.

That said, very impressive on the field and off of it, found them a very friendly bunch of Cobblers, generally.
I think you might be fishing elgy as you've been an exewebber long enough, but just in case, their redevelopment problems have been long discussed on this forum here

elginCity

I think you might be fishing elgy as you've been an exewebber long enough, but just in case, their redevelopment problems have been long discussed on this forum here
No fishing. Genuinely was not aware of the back story, thanks for the link 👍

dontpassback

I can think of one poster that was calling it !
Step forward mr harris

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Northampton still had six players in the box when we scored, they can hardly claim they weren't ready!
That may be true but if Northampton don't get automatic promotion you can bet the narrative will all be about the goal that they conceded while celebrating a disallowed goal!

STURTZ

Tough titty!😝

lamrobhero

Not sure what the view was like from the grassy knoll - any feedback?

Not sure what the view was like from the grassy knoll - any feedback?
Some on the grassy knoll were celebrating, not knowing it was disallowed until they saw us score 30 seconds later.

STURTZ

One of the most impressive things about our vital point at Northampton is the fact that our players didn't have to put in the effort at all. In fact after the hard game v Barrow, the guarantee of promotion, the celebrations and break in routine I'm amazed we still had the energy and will to go all that way and play with such determination. With promotion secured I'd have settled for a long and structured **** up around the benevolent hostelries of Exeter, no problem!

arthur

Considering the size of the town, was surprised at how modest Sixfields is. Perhaps there are plans to increase capacity.

That said, very impressive on the field and off of it, found them a very friendly bunch of Cobblers, generally.
Considering the scorn poured on it I was surprised at how pleasant Sixfields was, having never been there before. I liked the grassy bank of the bowl it sits in with people picnicing on it, though the weather obviously helped. And inside was fine, well organised and friendly. I've been to a lot worse places

Red Devon

I don’t know if anybody else has posted it but yesterday’s attendance of 7764 at Sixfields was a record for a league game there.