• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at it. Firstly he looked a yard off and also unsure of why the Northampton manager is trying to claim the free kick was taken ten yards ahead as looked like it was around the right place.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Northampton still had six players in the box when we scored, they can hardly claim they weren't ready!

SaintJames

Northampton’s manager is not happy — perhaps he should teach his players to play to the whistle and not celebrate prematurely:

‘ We had some great chances and I feel a little bit aggrieved about the disallowed goal. “They played quickly but we were off celebrating, so it’s a tough one to take.” ‘

I managed to listen to his BBC radio interview on the local station and in that he was massively complimentary about the team saying we should with a couple of additions compete comfortably in L1. He also gave praise to the away support in playing their part in a great atmosphere. No idea how to find it for a linky thing sorry

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SaintJames

Total instinct from Sam. The substitutions of Oz and Sparkes was the difference with Caprice getting to the line and delivering for Sam. Oz wouldnt have scored and Jack didnt get past his man all game. I understand why there is frustration with Caprice but he has provided 6 assists this season and has pace to burn

Trapdoor

Caprice is not the complete package but he offers something really different. Good to have in the squad to mix things up.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I missed the build-up to Northampton's disallowed goal. Can anyone else who was watching on iFollow confirm whether it was definitely offside?
Yes it was.

I was at the game and 100 yards away with 4 players and the ref in between me and the offside player.......but it was offside, trust me.

arthur

Total instinct from Sam. The substitutions of Oz and Sparkes was the difference with Caprice getting to the line and delivering for Sam. Oz wouldnt have scored and Jack didnt get past his man all game. I understand why there is frustration with Caprice but he has provided 6 assists this season and has pace to burn
Yes, I'd have started with both of them. We were crying out for someone to meet crosses at the near post, then Sam arrived and did precisely that. Happy days....

elginCity

Considering the size of the town, was surprised at how modest Sixfields is. Perhaps there are plans to increase capacity.

That said, very impressive on the field and off of it, found them a very friendly bunch of Cobblers, generally.