• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
For the first time ever I think I'm going to like watching Quest tonight - am I allowed a glass of bubbly ?
UTC
Best only make it a small one.
They'll doubtless only give us the usual 'five seconds of fame' - blink and you'll miss it.

Banksy

Tonight is as good as it getsish but great to hear our County cousins left their game early - did Wetherspoons have an offer on ?

Can’t believe 16000 really turned up to watch that carp? Still , suppose it was worth it just to see some decent MK Dons’ goals.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best only make it a small one.
They'll doubtless only give us the usual 'five seconds of fame' - blink and you'll miss it.
But is it OK if I take pleasure in watching Gargoyle's manager squirming after being flown up to Quest studio for his expected 10mins of fame ?

Trapdoor

Just seen the replay of nombes headed clearance off the line.

Absolutely incredible. What a player he is.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Apart from bravery he knew what he had to do - watch him think like a defender as cross comes in and cover the gap.
UTC

Pete Martin (CTID)

I thought the same. An incredible piece of defensive work for a striker and a brilliant signing by KMT.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I missed the build-up to Northampton's disallowed goal. Can anyone else who was watching on iFollow confirm whether it was definitely offside? Anyway, whether or not we got lucky, there is something particularly satisfying about scoring from a quickly taken free kick while the opposition are still complaining. Would love to know how many seconds there were between us picking the ball out of our own net and Nombe scoring at the other end; must have been less than a minute.
I make it 25 seconds from one net to the other. Brilliant quick thinking from City!

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Northampton’s manager is not happy — perhaps he should teach his players to play to the whistle and not celebrate prematurely:

‘ We had some great chances and I feel a little bit aggrieved about the disallowed goal. “They played quickly but we were off celebrating, so it’s a tough one to take.” ‘

Arthur Davey

I missed the build-up to Northampton's disallowed goal. Can anyone else who was watching on iFollow confirm whether it was definitely offside? Anyway, whether or not we got lucky, there is something particularly satisfying about scoring from a quickly taken free kick while the opposition are still complaining. Would love to know how many seconds there were between us picking the ball out of our own net and Nombe scoring at the other end; must have been less than a minute.
All I know is I saw the lino flag v promptly, so I was chilled 😌

fred binneys head

It was definitely offside - Pinnock was offside when he received the ball and passed it to the goalscorer. Cam took a quick free kick but it was from the right place and the ball wasn’t moving (two things a Northampton fan said were wrong on their forum).

Suck it up Cobblers.