• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We have 2 homes coming up and our home form is excellent. 6 points will see the moaners crawl back under their rocks.
And seven of our remaining twelve matches are at home. Don't get why people are going hysterical after one poor loss, they need to MTFU !

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
People need to calm down. It was a poor performance in a tough fixture. It was far from an abysmal performance. We're on the back of 3 wins in a row. Clocked up 8 goals in the last two games and Ajose and Bowman were both on the score sheet last week. Bad day at the office. Next.

Banksy

From what I've learnt about Matt Taylor in the last two years, if he says that he will shake things up then he will.
How though? Very few combinations he can make up front given the dearth of talent we have in that direction. If we fail again this season it will be because of our strike options by the sound of it.

PeteUSA

I thought we dominated possession first half but the only two good chances fell to the Cobblers who scored from Oliver's chance seconds in. It was a cracking finish but maybe Ward could have done better?

I thought Ward should have done better with that goal. I fully thought he would be off of his line for that ball when it first bounced, instead of staying put and letting it go through for their player to smash it in across goal. It could be said he shouldnt be letting shots at that angle go past him, but I suspect the speed of the modern day ball doesnt go against a keeper with shots like that anymore?

exeips

Just seen the highlights on sky, really stupid penalty that Sweeny gave away! Absolutely no need for him to trip the guy like that! 🙈

Colesman Ballz

Wash your mouth out.
Well said Fred ! He is just an idiot Troll, who is ever eager to stick the knife in. Quite how he considers himself to be an Exeter City "SUPPORTER" is totally beyond comprehension !

Rosencrantz

Just seen the highlights on sky, really stupid penalty that Sweeny gave away! Absolutely no need for him to trip the guy like that! 🙈
Although he did trip him a yard outside the area. Silly anyway as you know league two ref's aren't generally on the ball for decisions like that. Parkes missed his header for the first goal although the ball seemed to be going away from him so poor judgement maybe to try to head it rather than just run back and deal with it.

One bad result and performance at Northampton isn't the end of the world unless we don't put it right in our home games coming up.

Last edited:

Dannyred

Well said Fred ! He is just an idiot Troll, who is ever eager to stick the knife in. Quite how he considers himself to be an Exeter City "SUPPORTER" is totally beyond comprehension !
I guess by going to more games than you and admitting when we are crap.

Troll is something you are most definitely good at being.

Oliver

Why was Holmes not on the bench ? Are his days with City now over ?

Colesman Ballz

Dream on sucker !