• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I don’t think many expected us to beat Northampton Away did they....

We’re 3 points off the top with 12 games to reached a semi final....we’re exeter remember...this is fantastic

PeteUSA

Ajose is bad news. There is no question of him eventually 'coming good'. He isnt an awful lot of good, period!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the substitutes Taylor selected, I thought they were too predictable. I doubt there was anyone that Northampton didn't know about.Probably why the changes were so ineffective.

IndoMike

I feel quite relaxed about today's match and am confident of victory. I don't really go along with this bogey team thing.
City win 3-1
Solo la victoria nos interesa
Well that was wrong, wasn't it?
Problem was the team was relaxed too. Where's the fire in the belly?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Northampton away is one of the toughest fixtures all season. Some really fickle people on here... Its a shame. We're 3rd. We won 3 in a row. Bad day at the office. Doesn't mean we'd be better off picking the youth team.

We're headed for a photo finish for an auto place, with roughly the team selected today. Anyone who thinks we should roll the dice on shipping a load of them out in order to bet it all on some kids people have hardly seen needs their head read.

Red faced

quoted myself in error!

Pete, It was a foul clearly but he fell inside , and first contact of tackle was outside. Learn the rules before you start lecturing. Also please don’t mention your ass again. It makes me think about how many of your ridiculous comments come out of it

Last edited:

fred binneys head

We’ll be alright this season. We’ll go up. Bowman is awesome and will score 15-20. It’s been a bad day but there will be more good days to come soon.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whats with the knee jerk reactions. We're one more game down and still in the autos.

Lots of twists and turns yet. Relax and enjoy, these are good times.

StudentGrecian

Probably just me, but I don’t think we’ve had such a frustrating season in a long time
I just can’t remember a game that’s felt convincing apart from Argyle, even Oldham looked like upsetting us before their red card.
The talent is there, we have a very good squad on paper, we’re still in the autos! But every point we’ve gained seems to have put the fans through the ringer to get them. I suppose grinding out points is a good sign, but its frustrating because it still feels like we’ve not seen the best of this squad yet!!

I’m not doom and gloom, think today is just one of those days, we’ve played some great football at times, just feels like there’s so much more in this squad.
Maybe I’m just looking for something to blame my emerging grey hairs on!

tavyred

Yeah feck it!
Next 4/5 games are at home, pack the park and roar the bauys on. This is a cracking season.