• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most of our performances away against Northampton have been abysmal so let’s hope this was just another one and effectively just a blip.

People have said MT should have started with Law which is typical after the event comment because MJ had been playing well and had earned his place. Whereas Law had been struggling to find his true form.

Personally I think MT used his bench ok and could do little else to influence the game and was totally let down by the team enmass.

We may have a greater depth in our squad than before but quality and consistency not so sure. When you analyse the season so far despite spending virtually all the time in the top three and playing some very good football at times there are few games where we have really outplayed any team. Also virtually every player has gone from looking quality in a few matches only then to look the total opposite in others.

The same comment applies equally to units within the team defence, midfield and the strikers.....all of which must be very frustrating for MT.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please gawd not the play-offs again ☹
I never thought that as an Exeter fan I could ever get sick of Wembley
We seemed to have what it takes to go up in the top 3, but I have a horrible feeling it will be Argyle in the play-offs

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
quoted myself in error!

Pete, It was a foul clearly but he fell inside , and first contact of tackle was outside. Learn the rules before you start lecturing. Also please don’t mention your ass again. It makes me think about how many of your ridiculous comments come out of it
indeed, the last thing we need to see is a moonie from our colonial correspondent !

PeteUSA

Pete, It was a foul clearly but he fell inside , and first contact of tackle was outside. Learn the rules before you start lecturing. Also please don’t mention your ass again. It makes me think about how many of your ridiculous comments come out of it

Me learn the rules? Sweeney tripped their man a yard or more inside the box FFS. I dont see anybody else suggesting that wasnt a penalty. Speaking of which, that wasnt a good penalty kick. If Ward had stood up for that instead of trying to guess where the ball was going to go, he might have done a whole lot better.

Red faced

Im not actually that bothered about today's loss. Northampton are basically a slightly less offensive version of Newport and we never do well against these type of rank teams. All 3 other teams really should have won today and the fact that Argyle didnt, is 2 points gained IMO. All the teams in the autos are having losses and this was against a bogey team that dives, wastes time and was way more physical than us. Most of us would have had this down as maybe a draw at best, we just now need to win those other games, like we pretty much have been all season. On a positive, we are where we are on merit

Red faced

Me learn the rules? Sweeney tripped their man a yard or more inside the box FFS. I dont see anybody else suggesting that wasnt a penalty. Speaking of which, that wasnt a good penalty kick. If Ward had stood up for that instead of trying to guess where the ball was going to go, he might have done a whole lot better.
Matter of opinion I guess, I saw him tap the forward outside the box. Speaking of which , it was a good penalty really wasn't it, cos it went in the net and effectively ended the game. I wish we had the chance to take a penalty as bad as that. couple of people did say it was outside the box, but Im not surpirsed nobody else commented . Most people's eyes prob glaze over when they see you arguing with someone again. . Anyway, Im not getting drawn in by you..go and start your nonsense on someone else..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have 2 homes coming up and our home form is excellent. 6 points will see the moaners crawl back under their rocks.

PeteUSA

Matter of opinion I guess, I saw him tap the forward outside the box. Speaking of which , it was a good penalty really wasn't it, cos it went in the net and effectively ended the game. I wish we had the chance to take a penalty as bad as that. couple of people did say it was outside the box, but Im not surpirsed nobody else commented . Most people's eyes prob glaze over when they see you arguing with someone again. . Anyway, Im not getting drawn in by you..go and start your nonsense on someone else..

Apart from the sarcastic comment at the end of your post, I detect you're coming around to the suggestion that that was a clear cut penalty? Quite right, Good chap.

Dannyred

Bowman is a complete waste of a shirt at the moment and shouldn’t be in the team.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is a complete waste of a shirt at the moment and shouldn’t be in the team.
He came into the game on 2 goals from 2 games and he's our top scorer.