Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the substitutes Taylor selected, I thought they were too predictable. I doubt there was anyone that Northampton didn't know about.Probably why the changes were so ineffective.

edwin_price

Northampton away is one of the toughest fixtures all season. Some really fickle people on here... Its a shame. We're 3rd. We won 3 in a row. Bad day at the office. Doesn't mean we'd be better off picking the youth team.

We're headed for a photo finish for an auto place, with roughly the team selected today. Anyone who thinks we should roll the dice on shipping a load of them out in order to bet it all on some kids people have hardly seen needs their head read.

Red faced

quoted myself in error!

Pete, It was a foul clearly but he fell inside , and first contact of tackle was outside. Learn the rules before you start lecturing. Also please don’t mention your ass again. It makes me think about how many of your ridiculous comments come out of it

Last edited:
Probably just me, but I don’t think we’ve had such a frustrating season in a long time
I just can’t remember a game that’s felt convincing apart from Argyle, even Oldham looked like upsetting us before their red card.
The talent is there, we have a very good squad on paper, we’re still in the autos! But every point we’ve gained seems to have put the fans through the ringer to get them. I suppose grinding out points is a good sign, but its frustrating because it still feels like we’ve not seen the best of this squad yet!!

I’m not doom and gloom, think today is just one of those days, we’ve played some great football at times, just feels like there’s so much more in this squad.
Maybe I’m just looking for something to blame my emerging grey hairs on!

tavyred

Yeah feck it!
Next 4/5 games are at home, pack the park and roar the bauys on. This is a cracking season.