• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City discussion thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trying to recall how many went last season..I maybe wrong,but I think it was around those numbers.
I’ll guess 412
It was indeed 412 last season, out of a total of 4,954. 9th March 2019 so similar time of year.

I'd expect something similar, though the fact that 366 went to Pompey last night may reduce that somewhat if people chose last night in preference.

Ashford Grecian

Fancy us to win this now despite going 2-0 Cobblers in the monthly points....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like there will be only a fresh breeze and no rain on Saturday. Will make a change!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like there will be only a fresh breeze and no rain on Saturday. Will make a change!
I bet Lewis Ward will be happy - every game since he's come back into the team seems to have been played in challenging conditions for a goalkeeper.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was indeed 412 last season, out of a total of 4,954. 9th March 2019 so similar time of year.
Wow, that's a coincidence. My guess of 412 was for this season's attendance. I had no idea it was the number from last year. Maybe it's a sign. Not sure what it's a sign of, but I'm pretty sure it's a sign.

Alistair20000

Not feeling at all positive about this one in view of our poor record against them in away games.

2-0 Northampton

IndoMike

Think City will win this. Competition for places is red hot and we've got some good momentum going, whereas they haven't.
Nothing to fear. 3-1 City

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rested nearly all first 11 at Portsmouth so no excuses . To keep top 3 we will still have to keep winning - that simple

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's going to be some tough selection decisions. You'd imagine that Ward, Sweeney, Aaron Martin, Williams, Bowman and Ajose will definitely start. After that it gets a bit more tricky. Moxey has done nothing wrong since coming back into team but Parkes was the man in possession so i think will probably start. I'd go for Brennan over Jayden because of his extra experience and defensive solidity especially as Keith Curle teams like to get ball out wide quickly then bomb crosses into the box. Then we get to the midfield where whoever Matt Taylor leaves out there will be fans upset with the decision. Personally I'd pick Jake over Nigel but realise that I'm probably in the minority. And finally I really hope Matt Jay is in the team but it's a big call to leave out Nicky Law.

grecIAN Harris

Is it ready that big a call to leave Law out with what Matt Jay has done in that time, scored twice and been a pivotal part in a number of goals that he hasn't scored.