Northampton Town v Exeter City discussion thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Trying to recall how many went last season..I maybe wrong,but I think it was around those numbers.
I’ll guess 412
It was indeed 412 last season, out of a total of 4,954. 9th March 2019 so similar time of year.

I'd expect something similar, though the fact that 366 went to Pompey last night may reduce that somewhat if people chose last night in preference.

SEA Grecian

Looks like there will be only a fresh breeze and no rain on Saturday. Will make a change!
I bet Lewis Ward will be happy - every game since he's come back into the team seems to have been played in challenging conditions for a goalkeeper.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not feeling at all positive about this one in view of our poor record against them in away games.

2-0 Northampton

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rested nearly all first 11 at Portsmouth so no excuses . To keep top 3 we will still have to keep winning - that simple

SEA Grecian

There's going to be some tough selection decisions. You'd imagine that Ward, Sweeney, Aaron Martin, Williams, Bowman and Ajose will definitely start. After that it gets a bit more tricky. Moxey has done nothing wrong since coming back into team but Parkes was the man in possession so i think will probably start. I'd go for Brennan over Jayden because of his extra experience and defensive solidity especially as Keith Curle teams like to get ball out wide quickly then bomb crosses into the box. Then we get to the midfield where whoever Matt Taylor leaves out there will be fans upset with the decision. Personally I'd pick Jake over Nigel but realise that I'm probably in the minority. And finally I really hope Matt Jay is in the team but it's a big call to leave out Nicky Law.