• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town - Sat 22nd Feb

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is bang on and says a lot more about the fickle nature of a significant number of 'fans'. If a club was struggling year on year and tickets were dirt cheap then there would still be loads of empty seats because a lot of fans want to see wins and not necessarily a game of football. Their priority is being entertained and seeing wins. Their priority isn't supporting the club or simply enjoying the day out regardless of it they witness consecutive 5-0 hammerings. This is why when clubs are on fire, the grounds are swelled with fans and when clubs are in the gutter there is usually over half the ground empty.

Clubs like Morecambe and Dagenham for example have done experiments in the past where they offer free entry for one game or pay what you think you should be paying and yet the ground is still over half empty. This is because a lot of fans want to see a team playing well, doing well and winning and don't want to see rubbish even if it's free.

Like i said. Fickle.

With this in mind it is difficult for clubs lower down to get the balance right on pricing.
I agree with this, but just wanted to add a few seasons ago I went to see Bath City play, with a pal who is a big fan of theirs, it was their "community day" and they advertised it is a game where punters could decide what they wanted to pay on the day. They more than doubled their normal attendance, and by all accounts most of the regulars paid their usual amount, so everything else was gravy. Not sure it would work every week mind :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Bakerloo service tomorrow. So check the TFL map for getting to Euston, if that's your route.

Dubai Grecian

Any estimates on how many we'll take?

Spoonz Red E

Any estimates on how many we'll take?
250 advance sales (all that we had)
Pay on the day.
I'd guess about 400 or so.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
250 advance sales (all that we had)
Pay on the day.
I'd guess about 400 or so.
Good call - 402

Legohead

Banned
Just realized that this game was the last Grecians game i attended before the shutdown. Can't believe it's not far off a year ago! Not much chance for fans to attend since either. I really, desperately hope that come next season it will be back to normal in terms of going to the footy.

Oldsmobile-88

Just realized that this game was the last Grecians game i attended before the shutdown. Can't believe it's not far off a year ago! Not much chance for fans to attend since either. I really, desperately hope that come next season it will be back to normal in terms of going to the footy.
Even though it was the usual crap performance & result at Sixfields which is also one of my least favourite away days,I can’t to get back to those days.

Legohead

Banned
Even though it was the usual crap performance & result at Sixfields which is also one of my least favourite away days,I can’t to get back to those days.
I think you meant you can't WAIT to get back to those days Olds! :D I'm with you.

A complete demolishing on a freezing cold winter's day at Sixfields seems like a heavenly day out right now! I went for a blood test at the docs the other day and told the nurse that this was the highlight of my day! :oops:

After nearly 11 months of this, it says a lot when you look forward to a blood test because you can get out of the house and also get the chance to speak to a different human being. :LOL:

Oldsmobile-88

I think you meant you can't WAIT to get back to those days Olds! :D I'm with you.

A complete demolishing on a freezing cold winter's day at Sixfields seems like a heavenly day out right now! I went for a blood test at the docs the other day and told the nurse that this was the highlight of my day! :oops:

After nearly 11 months of this, it says a lot when you look forward to a blood test because you can get out of the house and also get the chance to speak to a different human being. :LOL:
Ha...Yes.I did not read it back.😁

Red Devon

Was actually a year ago this weekend 🙁