• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Non ECFC - FA Cup

Andy_H

What an excellant jesture on the part of the FA.

It's just a pity we fell by the wayside up at Bury!

'Courageous' soldier Mark Ward to present FA Cup
Cpl Mark Ward said football was a massive part of Army life
A soldier praised for his courage in Afghanistan which saw him awarded the Military Cross for bravery is to present the FA Cup to the winning side.

Cpl Mark Ward was chosen to present Saturday's prize to the winning captain because of his "inspirational leadership" as a section commander.
A member of the Mercian Regiment, based in Catterick, North Yorks, he will be guest of honour at the Wembley final between Manchester City and Stoke City.
He said he was "extremely proud".
Among those who have previously presented the trophy are Prince William, the Queen, Winston Churchill and Sir Bobby Robson.
'True fan' FA chairman David Bernstein said: "We should never forget the bravery and sacrifice our forces make and I hope this gesture by the FA will give the 90,000 crowd at Wembley on Saturday the chance to show their respect and appreciation.
"Reading Cpl Ward's citation for the Military Cross is truly humbling.
"His bravery and commitment to his platoon whilst in Afghanistan was outstanding and I am delighted he is able to join us on Saturday representing all of our troops around the world."
A life-long Manchester City fan, Cpl Ward said: "Getting awarded the Military Cross was an extremely proud moment in my life but I have to say this is up there.
"This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Beyond any club allegiance I am a true fan of football and to be at Wembley for such a prestigious event as the FA Cup Final, let alone handing over the trophy, is a real privilege."

Andy_H
Sunning myself in Rhodes and still annoying dear old Mr P!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an excellant jesture on the part of the FA.

It's just a pity we fell by the wayside up at Bury!

'Courageous' soldier Mark Ward to present FA Cup
Cpl Mark Ward said football was a massive part of Army life
A soldier praised for his courage in Afghanistan which saw him awarded the Military Cross for bravery is to present the FA Cup to the winning side.

Cpl Mark Ward was chosen to present Saturday's prize to the winning captain because of his "inspirational leadership" as a section commander.
A member of the Mercian Regiment, based in Catterick, North Yorks, he will be guest of honour at the Wembley final between Manchester City and Stoke City.
He said he was "extremely proud".
Among those who have previously presented the trophy are Prince William, the Queen, Winston Churchill and Sir Bobby Robson.
'True fan' FA chairman David Bernstein said: "We should never forget the bravery and sacrifice our forces make and I hope this gesture by the FA will give the 90,000 crowd at Wembley on Saturday the chance to show their respect and appreciation.
"Reading Cpl Ward's citation for the Military Cross is truly humbling.
"His bravery and commitment to his platoon whilst in Afghanistan was outstanding and I am delighted he is able to join us on Saturday representing all of our troops around the world."
A life-long Manchester City fan, Cpl Ward said: "Getting awarded the Military Cross was an extremely proud moment in my life but I have to say this is up there.
"This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Beyond any club allegiance I am a true fan of football and to be at Wembley for such a prestigious event as the FA Cup Final, let alone handing over the trophy, is a real privilege."

Andy_H
Sunning myself in Rhodes and still annoying dear old Mr P!
No spell checker on the Greek Island?

Andy_H

'excellent gesture '

Blooming Greek austerity measures, they remove everything!

Andy_h
Still in my 'suit'!

Poultice

As well as a spellchecker some grasp of Exeweb etiquette might have been of use, wrong forum divvy.

MickStagraget

Exeweb etiquette might have been of use
Must be something you have to acquire...although at the minute I've seen very little evidence of any kind of etiquette, quite the opposite in some cases.

Poultice

Must be something you have to acquire...although at the minute I've seen very little evidence of any kind of etiquette, quite the opposite in some cases.
It's not one of the better moderated sites that is true, but we love it anyway.