• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Anthology

radiogrecian

haha indeed ;)

ianaplincorners

this book thing has been blown way out of proportion. From what I gather and from what I was told an email was sent where possible to those that pre ordered saying that the books couldn't be collected until Monday. I collected mine yesterday without any problems at all. I appreciate its not easy for everyone to visit the club on a non matchday and those living far away surely paying the extra post would have been a simplier option? As for the marketing / promotion of the book the club were restricted by SHO from selling in the clubshop, the club shop is not owned by the club but is paid for by SHO and its up to them what can and can't be sold. The contract for this was agreed ages ago when we had no money and it hasn't run out yet. Some people on here need to get a grip of themselves, sure things could have been handled better, the club could have told people about the book and its availability or lack of but with no offence to Mike or his book in the real scale of things at the football club is the launch of a book that big a deal? 227 patrons may think so but theres at least another 4,000 who don't

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
this book thing has been blown way out of proportion. From what I gather and from what I was told an email was sent where possible to those that pre ordered saying that the books couldn't be collected until Monday.t
I made specific arrangements to collect from the shop on Saturday. That is what annoys me. Having done so, I then couldn't collect it.

Last edited:

ianaplincorners

I made specific arrangements to collect from the shop on Saturday. That is what annoys me. Having done so, I then couldn't collect it.
that's fair comment, I too would have been annoyed if I'd made specific arrangements

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every time I go into the club shop I leave disappointed. Someone needs to inject a bit of enthusiasm into the running of the damned place. Team 10/10. Management 10/10. Supporters 10/10. Directors 10/10. OG Lounge staff 10/10. Club Shop 3/10 - must do better!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The book turned up in the post today. So very pleased. It looks really good as well. Should keep me quiet for the next few days. :D

ECFC TOM

So will the club shop be open after tonights game, so I can buy a copy??

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So will the club shop be open after tonights game, so I can buy a copy??
Will be before the game. Its a cracking read and some great pictures as well.

ECFC TOM

Will be before the game. Its a cracking read and some great pictures as well.
Thing is, I stand near the top of the Bank and I don't fancy buying one before the match and it getting stood on and kicked around during the match. Is there no way I can buy one before the match and ask them to keep it behind at the end of the game for me?

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thing is, I stand near the top of the Bank and I don't fancy buying one before the match and it getting stood on and kicked around during the match. Is there no way I can buy one before the match and ask them to keep it behind at the end of the game for me?
Give it to Neil or Steve behind the bottle bar baby, they will keep it safe until after the game for you