• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Grecian Anthology

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although it's a lot of work, sometimes when you're in control of everything it's better.
I handled nearly all of the marketing on "One Flew Over The Crossbar" last year. I did have problems at first with the shop selling it, but that was sorted out by approaching the right people and getting help on the day (Martin Lawerence especially).

I made sure it posters where up everywhere, had people selling it upstairs and down and had a night over in the Exec Club afterwards so they everyone knew it was on sale. I was also the guest speaker in hospitality (cheers Giles) and that turn shifted nearly 100 books alone upstairs.

A book like Mike's should be pushed to high heaven as how often is there an historical book of this sort out? Hopefully things will be sorted.

radiogrecian

This simply isn't good enough.

I flew in from Jersey for the match. Luckily I'm waiting til Christmas to get my copy, but if I'd chosen this game specifically because I wanted to get my hands on the new book at the same time, I would NOT be a happy chappy.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
if I'd chosen this game specifically because I wanted to get my hands on the new book at the same time, I would NOT be a happy chappy.
I'd be surprised if someone went to the game specifically to buy a book. Wouldn't you be here to watch a game of football as your main reason for being here?

radiogrecian

Yeh of course the game is by far and away the main thing.

But when you live some distance away, and have to pick and choose which matches you go to, small things like this make a big difference.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yeh of course the game is by far and away the main thing.

But when you live some distance away, and have to pick and choose which matches you go to, small things like this make a big difference.
Agreed. For me, the main reason for coming on Saturday, was the Trust AGM, that the book was out was a huge bonus. Grimsby Town as an opponent is not exactly exciting!

Antony Moxey

What a daft thing to say. Surely the whole point of being a City fan is watching City matches - that is why we go, and without that there is nothing. We can do without a Trust AGM, we can do without a book launch, but we can't do without games.

Besides, whether you pick and choose your games or not, you can always either collect the book the next time you choose to go, or get it sent to you through the post.

Other than the PR horlicks from the club, I think it's a lot of fuss about nothing really.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well if this was the case, and there was not books in the shop then that is ca huge cause for concern. Especially when I know for a fact (having seen them myself) that they were at the club on Friday. I will bring this up with the "powers that be" as an issue.

older-codger

They were definitely at the club. Gary had left mine (prepaid) at reception.
Very good it looks too - will be taking it with me on holiday in a couple of weeks. Will probably also parade it in front of the 3 spurs fans in the office and invite them to read Steve's forward (he's the idol of one of them!)

radiogrecian

What a daft thing to say.
Not daft Ant, just different to your viewpoint.

Antony Moxey

In your opinion..

;)