• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Legohead

Banned
If he's becoming an agent. Tells me all i need to know about him really. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The ability to ride roughshod over people indiscriminately is all that is needed to be a football agent.

Just pay him off and boot him out asap if this is the case. If not then disregard this post.

Reactions: WXF

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most senior footballers have agents, do you think by getting rid of Ajose that players will represent themselves? I would imagine Ajose is a pretty good agent, he certainly showed he can talk the talk in getting a job with us.

Legohead

Banned
Why do clubs pay agents anyway? If the players had to pay then they'd soon negotiate their own deals and bin off the agents. Just lazy modern day players IMO and yet another thing they don't want to take any responsibility for.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even assuming this is all true, it still needs to be read with caution. Ajose could just be taking the preparatory steps to become an agent / join his friend next season. That wouldn't be a breach of contract.

And if 'tap up' means suggesting to some players that they sign for his friend's agency, then again there's nothing contractually wrong with that either.
Yes, and I have no proof of any of this, only what I've been told so it is 'on the grapevine' as Mike says. Perhaps he's becoming an agent and the club are aware of this and are okay with it and he isn't in the squad for other reasons, perhaps he's not becoming an agent at all, but time will tell us more and as I've said in my previous post, the person who informed me has no reason to lie and although doesn't work for the club is still in a position to know and hear about these sorts of things.

tonykellowfan

Why do clubs pay agents anyway? If the players had to pay then they'd soon negotiate their own deals and bin off the agents. Just lazy modern day players IMO and yet another thing they don't want to take any responsibility for.
No offence lego but this made me laugh. You think 16/17/18 year olds should negotiate their own contracts?

Rosencrantz

Even assuming this is all true, it still needs to be read with caution. Ajose could just be taking the preparatory steps to become an agent / join his friend next season. That wouldn't be a breach of contract.

And if 'tap up' means suggesting to some players that they sign for his friend's agency, then again there's nothing contractually wrong with that either.
Didn't Danny Coles and Aaron Davies do this kind of thing as well?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Danny Coles and Aaron Davies do this kind of thing as well?
Indeed.

One wonders how many ex-players can make a living as Agents?

Pretty crowded field now, I'd have thought?

Legohead

Banned
No offence lego but this made me laugh. You think 16/17/18 year olds should negotiate their own contracts?
Sorry TKF. Yes, i did mean when they are adults they should but obviously in the case of minors not.

malcolms

It's interesting...Paul Scally, Chairman at Gillingham, never pays agents...His view, which I don't entirely disagree with, is that if the agent wants a commission, then he should look to the player to pay it. He still seems to be able to sign plenty of players...

red1

Ajose has been here best part of 2 years. The fanbase has been asking questions as to his fitness/availability/personality etc etc for the best part of 2 years. Not unreasonable i think. Why do the Press not simply ASK the player himself wtf is going on ? Seeing as the club seem to want to keep us in the dark with no more than "Seymour and Fisher are in front of him" and "Ajose doesnt train on 3g pitch" Come on Stuart James,(other journos are invited!) do what the press are suppose to do...... and get to the bottom of a longwinded saga.