• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
And it was buried with aplomb just like any decent striker would do.;)
Who runs off to the corner taking all the credit 😆

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwin. I'm sorry but I honestly can't grasp the meaning of your comment. Could you rephrase it?
I mean it's a bit absurd that what we're excited about isn't a clever piece of skill or burst of pace.... But him losing it when not receiving a pass.

IndoMike

I mean it's a bit absurd that what we're excited about isn't a clever piece of skill or burst of pace.... But him losing it when not receiving a pass.
You're exaggerating. Nobody's excited about Ajose losing it when he didn't receive a pass : some of us are just saying he was clearly frustrated.
He showed his frustration with Richardson, which might be a tad harsh, but also it's a lesson for Richardson. Believe me, Richardson gets far more stick on Exeweb (which I think is unfair) than he does at SJP.
Re Ajose. To be honest, the jury's still out imo. Only time and the partnerships he can strike up will tell..

Ian Russon

If Bowman has passes to him instead of holding onto the ball in the first five minutes, we'd have won one nil. I'm hoping it was down to unfamiliarity rather than greed. If we start feeding Ajose in those positions, he'll be a massive bonus for us.

The problem is we'd have to change our whole ethos of playing style. Holding the ball up and passing it on to the midfield is working, working very well in actual fact.

I would not change it just so we can maybe get a goal from AJose.

andrew p long

You're exaggerating. Nobody's excited about Ajose losing it when he didn't receive a pass : some of us are just saying he was clearly frustrated.
He showed his frustration with Richardson, which might be a tad harsh, but also it's a lesson for Richardson. Believe me, Richardson gets far more stick on Exeweb (which I think is unfair) than he does at SJP.
Re Ajose. To be honest, the jury's still out imo. Only time and the partnerships he can strike up will tell..
whilst nobody has claimed excitement at Ajose expressing his frustration to a teenager on the same team, in post 366 on this thread the expression of that frustration was described as ’a positive’

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're exaggerating.
I know.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
whilst nobody has claimed excitement at Ajose expressing his frustration to a teenager on the same team, in post 366 on this thread the expression of that frustration was described as ’a positive’
Exactly have just caught up with this post for me his reaction was a good sign and shows that he has the right attitude for a striker and an appetite to score.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly have just caught up with this post for me his reaction was a good sign and shows that he has the right attitude for a striker and an appetite to score.
Right. Just not AS good a sign as something like crashing one in from 30 yards.

Colesman Ballz

Right. Just not AS good a sign as something like crashing one in from 30 yards.
Think you are being rather hopeful there Edwin, , I think you will have to lower your expectations somewhat to in and around the six yard box !

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think you are being rather hopeful there Edwin, , I think you will have to lower your expectations somewhat to in and around the six yard box !
I'll take it. As long as the highlights reel when he eventually leaves has enough on it that throwing a wobbly doesn't make the cut.