• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

TOP_CITY_FAN

He’ll be the answer we need. Playing 3-5-2, him and Bowman/Fisher will score goals.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Frankly I am getting a bit fed up with individual players getting vilified. Football is a TEAM sport, and a successful manager will get more out of a team, than the sum of it's individual players. Teams win and lose TOGETHER, so criticise or praise them as a WHOLE. Failing that criticise the manager, but Matt has quite obviously been trying out the various options to cover the injury to Ajose.

And just for the record I feel that Bowman contributes one hell of a lot to the team, even if he is not hitting the back of the net as often as we might like.
CB agree 100% particularly with regards to your comment on Bowman. He is a handful and keeps opposing defenders occupied.

Ian Russon

Did anyone watch the game who can give an update how AJose played? Scored 2 in 2 in the leasing cup.

I honestly can not wait for AJose to be back to full fitness and start his promotion campaign.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone watch the game who can give an update how AJose played? Scored 2 in 2 in the leasing cup.

I honestly can not wait for AJose to be back to full fitness and start his promotion campaign.
3 in 3 isn't it? He also scored in the group stage (I think was also the game where he got injured).

Lovely back-heel for Jay's second too.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Best player on the pitch in my opinion.. Ran their CB's ragged, getting them out of position, which in turn helped Bowman/MJ/Randall/Richardson - The touch for Jay's second was sublime too.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
His goal and his involvement in the third goal was a class above. It showed why we pushed the boat out to sign him.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lovely backheel for MJ. Staking a claim for an appearance vs Swindon with that.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great movement and anticipation. Almost scored from gambling on the defender messing up near the end. Gambles on mistakes, which happen a lot in league 2. Touch and a bit of agility let him down l, but hupefully that comes with games.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very quick feet to slot in his goal last night.

muppetdodger

Lovely backheel for MJ. Staking a claim for an appearance vs Swindon with that.
Surely he's bound to play against swindon having played for them and scored a hatful.