• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Funnily enough was chatting to some Swindon fans after the game and they said he was dynamite during both his spells at theirs. Apparently he plays well in patches and then has long lean spells. Rather see Matt Jay there atm.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
See what I said on the matchday thread Sturtz. I followed a couple of the chaps that you stand with back to my car and they were on about how good Randall Williams is but he needs to get his service in earlier with more pace on it if we are to get the best out of Ajose.
Ajose needs to get fit we’re to get the best out of him he still looks very sluggish and three or four weeks behind everyone else.....I’m sure it’ll come.

Exehausted

My take on the performances of our players
Ward: Very assured again. Scuffed one punch, apart from that, flawless. Kicks well to the wings and it nearly always stays in. 9 (My MOM)
Sweeney: Again quite sound defensively and his passing was slightly better, but still needs to improve. 6
Woodman: Had lot of work to do but he stuck at his task. Played well with Moxey and whipped in a couple of good crosses. 7
A. Martin: Hardly made a header in the first half but much better after the break. Always good on the deck and some very good passes. 7 (Steve Tully's MOM)
Moxey: Hardly put a foot wrong. He was a very cool head when we were under a lot of pressure. Looked to have formed a good partnership with Martin. 8
Williams: Swindon had done their homework on him. Two or three were on him very quickly. Made some good tackles but had little impact going forward. 6
Taylor: Started on the left and that left Law in the middle. He looked sharp early on but got booked for a professional foul and then faded, down to his injury. 5
Collins: Worked very hard as always and got in some great challenges. Passing much better than the first game and he looks to be back to his best. 8
Law: Very effective when playing in the middle and so reliable as always. Our most consistent player for years and once again the sponsors MOM. 8
Ajose: Again made little impact although he did get into some good spaces but didn't get the passes that he needed. 5
Bowman: Again worked his socks off but was well marshalled by the Swindon defence. Won some great tackles near the touchline and linked well with L.Martin and Jay when they came on.7

Jay: Roundly criticised on Tuesday but made an instant impact when he came on. Sharp movement and passing helped us get on top. Scored and unlucky not to get another.8
L.Martin : I'm surprised that he hasn't yet got the nickname "super sub". His introduction and the change of shape turned the game our way. Linked well with Bowman.7

Exehausted

Sorry, I thought I was on the Matchday thread! I'm no good at cut and paste and I can't be bothered to type it all again!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know about fitness but he does a lot of running and I did notice a couple of times Bowman and him almost linking up so I think it could be very shortly we will see some return from him.

As others have mentioned he is a fox in the box type of striker and at the moment we aren't giving him the service

In the meantime Lee Martin is a very adequate sub for him causing different problems for the opposition defenders.

Exehausted

I think I've managed to cut and paste my player ratings onto the Match day thread. Blimey, that's a first. As you were, I haven't, no surprise.

Last edited:

Stelios

I think I've managed to cut and paste my player ratings onto the Match day thread. Blimey, that's a first. As you were, I haven't, no surprise.
I've had a go myself. Think they're there now

Exehausted

I've had a go myself. Think they're there now
Thank you Stelios, much appreciated.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still too early to judge, although it is currently panning out as I predicted.

I sincerely hope he figures out how to impact a game this year or I can see us trying to terminate contract next summer.

HH.ECFC

I think this new rb should play next game because he could provide help for Williams and hopefully doesn’t scuff passes
Also ajose I’d effectively a wasted shirt, a shame jonno forte had to go out so early like he did