• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It seems to me that like last season we dont have a target man. Based on what we have, it seems that all our goals are expected to come from anybody who gets the chance of a shot? A shoot on site mentality. Surely theres a half decent journeyman type big-outhouse player knocking about? Whats that Rhead character doing, or Akinfenwa?
Pete, have you seen the size of Bowman? Whilst he ain't exactly the size of Rhead from The Dog and Duck FC and Hashegotafuckinfatarse he's plenty big enough to do a hold up job when required, wins plenty enough in the air and is damn sight quicker and more mobile than the both of them.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems to me that like last season we dont have a target man. Based on what we have, it seems that all our goals are expected to come from anybody who gets the chance of a shot? A shoot on site mentality. Surely theres a half decent journeyman type big-outhouse player knocking about? Whats that Rhead character doing, or Akinfenwa?
Is Bowman not our Target Man?

PeteUSA

Is Bowman not our Target Man?

I sincerely hope not. I know he's a grafter and puts in a major shift, like yesterday, but he's not a goalscorer of any significance. His goal return throughout all the clubs he's played for is extremely low as I recall. I know he scored a deft screamer yesterday, but still..;)

grecIAN Harris

I sincerely hope not. I know he's a grafter and puts in a major shift, like yesterday, but he's not a goalscorer of any significance. His goal return throughout all the clubs he's played for is extremely low as I recall. I know he scored a deft screamer yesterday, but still..;)
He'll score enough to support Ajose's tally so long as Taylor gets the supply line right to the pair of them.

Grecianpasty

Bowman has scored 6 in his last 7 league Two games. He's proving to be a goalscorer.

Corey

We also have Fisher who is a big lad.

exeter-loyal

He's a fox in the box type striker who isn't going to do a great deal outside of it. Taylor needs to get two proper wide men playing and get some service into Ajose and Bowman. That means playing Lee Martin and Randall Williams, getting Law inside and dropping one of Collins or Taylor. Or if he must insist on playing all three then Taylor should be the one going wide not Law. When those three are in the same side together it looks more balanced that way.
Yeah agree with that and a lot of fans that were standing on the bank yesturday were saying maybe take Taylor out and keep Collins in there. Taylor won't be dropped though I doubt being captain.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman has been quality for us, he's strong, he's quick enough, he's decent on the ball, he can link play and he's started scoring goals.

He leads the line very well.

At times Pete you need to appreciate what you have got rather than being so eager to find imperfections.

We have a number of issues in our squad, our options up front aren't one of them.

exeter-loyal

Bowman has been quality for us, he's strong, he's quick enough, he's decent on the ball, he can link play and he's started scoring goals.

He leads the line very well.

At times Pete you need to appreciate what you have got rather than being so eager to find imperfections.

We have a number of issues in our squad, our options up front aren't one of them.
Judging on yesterday's performance RB and LB is a real problem. Sparkes needs to take LB. Sweeney has to go he's been awful on to many occasions now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have Bowman who is absolute nails, and Fisher who's also a big target man. We haven't had 2 strikers in the aquad of their size since Logan and McCallister.