• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Angus

I spoke to Nicky earlier. He said the reason he's chosen Exeter is because he's also doing a one day a week uni course at Exeter University. He had three other credible offers with Plymouth and MK both in interested. Didn't say if either had put in a offer.

I'm well pleased. He didn't say what uni course he was doing though

I spoke to Nicky earlier. He said the reason he's chosen Exeter is because he's also doing a one day a week uni course at Exeter University. He had three other credible offers with Plymouth and MK both in interested. Didn't say if either had put in a offer.

That interesting. Maybe the University could be encouraged to partner the club with this sort of thing? Prestigous establishment and the university isn't bad either.May attract players.

Pobbop

I think Bauza did a similar thing, hope Nicky concentrates more on football than uni then he did.

But TBH it seems Matt is continuing tisdale's policy of allowing players to keep outside interests.

StudentGrecian

I think Bauza did a similar thing, hope Nicky concentrates more on football than uni then he did.

But TBH it seems Matt is continuing tisdale's policy of allowing players to keep outside interests.
I don't think there is a choice in the matter. It is becoming the norm for the modern day lower league footballer, as their career isn't going to set them up for life. If he is at training on time and turns up on a Saturday then nothing should stop him pursuing his own interests in his own time. Much in the same way that my employer has no right to comment on the degree that I do in my spare time.

Last edited:

Positive spin

Players have so much free time that can lead to problems such as gambling etc
Great to learn that our new signing is making good use of his spare time and hopefully it will enhance his career prospects post football.
Looking forward to seeing him in action.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus Christ lads, some of you never learn, he's called Angus for a reason !

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jesus Christ lads, some of you never learn, he's called Angus for a reason !
The bloke still gets away with it. Like taking sweets from a baby.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fungus had lunchtime nibbles with Matt Taylor today, I wonder what he let him in on.

D__Lo__

I'm getting good vibes about this. TBH, I just couldn't work up any excitement about the earlier signings, they were like, 'oh really? Well ok then.' But this has hints of quality about it and has suddenly pulled my head out of the cricket where it's been most of summer and brought back that itch for a new season to begin. Well done Matt T and those involved with getting this over the line.
This is pretty much how I've felt.

I have a feeling City's season will mirror Ajose's, if he does well I think City will too which is more optimistic than I was feeling.

He's probably going to need to provide a hefty percentage of goals next season. He does have that bit of extra quality City is missing in the final third, hopefully he can find some consistency here.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I spoke to my Uncle over the weekend who is a Swindon supporter. He said Ajose gets goals in the box where there doesn't seem to be anything on or he doesn't initially appear to be anywhere near close to getting the ball. I fancy there could 20+ goals coming his way this season plus a dozen or so from Bowman.