• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's the edge we may need. I like Bowman but I do wonder sometimes if the reason we don't get the ball into him is because players know he's not the greatest finisher where as Ajose wants to score and shoot as his first instinct.
Agree about Ajose. He's starving hungry for goals
About Bowman : could be, could not be.

grecIAN Harris

You can see from his body language (exasperation) that he's a real goal - grabber, with that tbh selfish instinct to get the ball played to him. No problem with that as long as he doesn't p*ss his team - mates off
That's what he's paid to do and midfielders are paid to supply him. Damn right he should p!$$ed off with them.

scottus86

If Bowman has passes to him instead of holding onto the ball in the first five minutes, we'd have won one nil. I'm hoping it was down to unfamiliarity rather than greed. If we start feeding Ajose in those positions, he'll be a massive bonus for us.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can see from his body language (exasperation) that he's a real goal - grabber, with that tbh selfish instinct to get the ball played to him. No problem with that as long as he doesn't p*ss his team - mates off
Clutching at straws when the positive signs were seeing out of our marquee signing is the hissy fit he threw at our teenage fullback.

Rosencrantz

If Bowman has passes to him instead of holding onto the ball in the first five minutes, we'd have won one nil. I'm hoping it was down to unfamiliarity rather than greed. If we start feeding Ajose in those positions, he'll be a massive bonus for us.
If Bowman had kept his head down and gone for goal it might have been the same. I think he might have been caught in two minds as for most of the season, he hasn't had a team mate there in that situation!

grecIAN Harris

If Bowman had kept his head down and gone for goal it might have been the same. I think he might have been caught in two minds as for most of the season, he hasn't had a team mate there in that situation!
Usually because the player he should have expected to be up there with him, Lee Martin, was 15-20 yards behind the play.

Rosencrantz

Usually because the player he should have expected to be up there with him, Lee Martin, was 15-20 yards behind the play.
Thought I'd set one up for you 😀

IndoMike

Clutching at straws when the positive signs were seeing out of our marquee signing is the hissy fit he threw at our teenage fullback.
Edwin. I'm sorry but I honestly can't grasp the meaning of your comment. Could you rephrase it?

grecIAN Harris

Thought I'd set one up for you 😀
And it was buried with aplomb just like any decent striker would do.;)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bloody hell... Lee Martins getting blamed now for things happening when he's not even on the pitch.